none
CSV Volumes are not enumerated under Cluster group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Domain - RPTEDOMAIN on which i have 2 Hosts

VFB-H1

VFB- H2

I have a hyperV CLuster created on VFB-h1 and VFB-H2. 

The cluster name is RPTECluster 

When Creating a Protection Group , 

First Error

Also,

Any recommendations for the errors above?

Another thing - when i expand the cluster i dont see the CSV Volumes (Do you know why?)

Thanks,

Anurag

Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

So in Failover Cluster manager, under the services and applications, you have Virtual machines listed ?   If not, you need to make a Virtual machine and select an existing VM from the list to make it highly available, then DPM should enumerate it under the cluster.  If it does not enumerate them, make sure the Hyper-V Writer is started on all nodes of the cluster.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Anurag911 Thursday, July 26, 2012 3:40 PM
    Sunday, May 13, 2012 6:55 PM
  • Hi,

The fist screen shot is only an informational message, and is normal.

DPM cannot protect CSV volumes directly, only guest VM's residing on the CSV volumes.

Once you create some highly available Guests, they will be protectable under the cluster.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, May 12, 2012 11:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The fist screen shot is only an informational message, and is normal.

DPM cannot protect CSV volumes directly, only guest VM's residing on the CSV volumes.

Once you create some highly available Guests, they will be protectable under the cluster.

Saturday, May 12, 2012 11:36 PM
  • Hi Mark,

I have some Guest VM's residing on the CSV. But i am unable to enumerate them under the cluster server.

Are there any settings on the cluster i need to make so that DPM can enumerate the CSV Volumes under the cluster ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anurag

Sunday, May 13, 2012 5:56 AM
  • Sorry i meant Mike.
    Sunday, May 13, 2012 5:58 AM
  • Hi,

So in Failover Cluster manager, under the services and applications, you have Virtual machines listed ?   If not, you need to make a Virtual machine and select an existing VM from the list to make it highly available, then DPM should enumerate it under the cluster.  If it does not enumerate them, make sure the Hyper-V Writer is started on all nodes of the cluster.

• Marked as answer by Anurag911 Thursday, July 26, 2012 3:40 PM
    Sunday, May 13, 2012 6:55 PM