I am having a problem logging in to Skype using my MS account, Skype username or Facebook account. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

First of all, since I didn't find any Skype category, I posted my thread in the MSN category. Though I don't know if this is suitable category or not.

I have Windows 10 Home Edition(64-Bit) installed on my PC and I have Skype version '6.11.59.102'

Although I have tried to  log in to the Skype using my correct Skype user name and PW, I have been faced with "Skype cannot connect" in each try. 

Even when trying to lunch the "skype.com", I found the page cannot be reachable.

Even when tried to log in to Skype using my Microsoft account(...@hotmail.com), and the PW associated, I was faced with "sorry, something went wrong. Please try again". Though I am sure that the MS Email and PW are correct.

Also,  trying to log in to Skype using my Facebook account, I found the same issue.

I know that the Skype version used is not the latest version, however, whenever trying to  upgrade it via the checking updates, I found this error below. Though I don't think that the issue logging in to my Skype account is related to the Skype version

Also, trying to manually go to the Skype website to download the upgrade manually as said in the above screen shot didn't make any difference. When trying to click on the point mentioned in the screen shot above, I found the Skype website I was redirected to wasn't opened, and I was faced with this below:

Hmm, we can't reach this page.

Try this

• Make sure you’ve got the right web address: http://ui.skype.com
    • Refresh the page
    • Search for what you want

I don't have any problem opening any other  websites or signing to other chat applications. I don't access to the internet via proxy at all. So, no need to setup Skype to connect to the internet.

This screen shot below shows  the Skype connection options   I am using

A man should convert his anger and sadness into strength to continue living in this life.

Friday, September 16, 2016 11:49 PM

Answers

• Thanks a lot,

I mean that I am expecting that my thread is not posted in the suitable forum category at this forum.  So, I'd like you to kindly to move it?

The Skype forum is on another platform so it is not possible to move thread. Easyest to just re-ask over there.

https://community.skype.com/?category.id=English&profile.language=en

Secondly: While the previous installation of Skype desktop app(Skype 5.6.0.105) was installed, I even couldn't open the 'web-based skype' (Skype.com) at all, and so I even couldn't sing in to my in to my Skype account via web-based Skype. Also, I couldn't sign in to my Skype account via Skype desktop app.
    However, after uninstalling the Skype desktop app((.Skype 5.6.0.105) without installing any other version of Skype desktop app, the issue of opening and signing in to my Skype account via web-based Skype was fixed. However, I don't know why? All what I did was I uninstalled Skype desktop app, and I didn't install any other Skype desktop app.
    Was the  issue a server side?
    Now, I installed the Skype desktop app again and I can log in to Skype desktop app with either a account.(MS or Skype account)

Moreover, I would be saying that I am using MS Edge. However, there is a IE 11 associated. So, do you think the issue was related to IE version. I don't think so, since if so, I'd still be faced with it since I still use the MS Edge.

It's possible the server-side issue was temporary or possible the uninstall/reinstall cleared out some local cache corruption. Further looking it appears Skype services had some issues beginning on 9/15

http://heartbeat.skype.com/

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, September 17, 2016 8:52 PM

All replies

• Skype forum is over here.

You could also test you account sign in here.

https://account.microsoft.com/?lang=en-US&refd=account.live.com&refp=landing

The "something went wrong" message has got to be the most worthless, unhelpful thing microsoft has ever come up with. I'd be inclined to think some service on their end is temporarily broken.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:04 AM
  • Skype forum is over here.

You could also test you account sign in here.

https://account.microsoft.com/?lang=en-US&refd=account.live.com&refp=landing

The "something went wrong" message has got to be the most worthless, unhelpful thing microsoft has ever come up with. I'd be inclined to think some service on their end is temporarily broken.

Thanks a lot,

Your forum doesn't allow me to move my thread to the suitable forum category. So, could you do that for me?

I can access to all other websites and chatting clients. I cannot access to the www.Skype.com at all. So, I couldn't access to https://community.skype.com/?category.id=English&profile.language=en

I was faced with

Try this

• Make sure you’ve got the right web address
    • Refresh the page

Also, why did you suggest to do a test for my account sign. I can sign in to Hotmail.com using my MS account(... @Hotmail.com).

Also, there is no thing to be tested in that link you provided.

A man should convert his anger and sadness into strength to continue living in this life.

• Edited by cooperator Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:39 AM
    Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:14 AM
  • It cannot be moved cross platform like that. You'll need to re-ask over there.

Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:37 AM
  • I cannot access to the www.Skype.com at all. So, I couldn't access to https://community.skype.com/?category.id=English&profile.language=en

I was faced with

Try this

• Make sure you’ve got the right web address
    • Refresh the page

Also, why did you suggest to do a test for my account sign. I can sign in to Hotmail.com using my MS account(... @Hotmail.com).

Also, there is no thing to be tested in that link you provided.

1.) I'd try clearing the browser cache.

2.) May just confirm the issue is server side.

3.) The fact you could logon was a successful test.

Saturday, September 17, 2016 2:58 AM
  • It cannot be moved cross platform like that. You'll need to re-ask over there.

Thanks a lot,

I mean that I am expecting that my thread is not posted in the suitable forum category at this forum.  So, I'd like you to kindly to move it?

Secondly: While the previous installation of Skype desktop app(Skype 5.6.0.105) was installed, I even couldn't open the 'web-based skype' (Skype.com) at all, and so I even couldn't sing in to my in to my Skype account via web-based Skype. Also, I couldn't sign in to my Skype account via Skype desktop app.
    However, after uninstalling the Skype desktop app((.Skype 5.6.0.105) without installing any other version of Skype desktop app, the issue of opening and signing in to my Skype account via web-based Skype was fixed. However, I don't know why? All what I did was I uninstalled Skype desktop app, and I didn't install any other Skype desktop app.
    Was the  issue a server side( Skype server was having a problem)?
    Now, I installed the Skype desktop app again and I can log in to Skype desktop app with either a account.(MS or Skype account). Also, I can sign in to web-based Skype account.

Moreover, I would be saying that I am using MS Edge. However, there is a IE 11 associated. So, do you think the issue was related to IE version. I don't think so, since if so, I'd still be faced with it since I still use the MS Edge.

• Edited by cooperator Saturday, September 17, 2016 8:49 PM
    Saturday, September 17, 2016 8:41 PM
  • Thanks a lot,

The Skype forum is on another platform so it is not possible to move thread. Easyest to just re-ask over there.

Now, I installed the Skype desktop app again and I can log in to Skype desktop app with either a account.(MS or Skype account)

It's possible the server-side issue was temporary or possible the uninstall/reinstall cleared out some local cache corruption. Further looking it appears Skype services had some issues beginning on 9/15

Saturday, September 17, 2016 8:52 PM
  • Thanks a lot,

Thanks a lot,

The issue still appears to me. I cannot open any Skype websites even the Skype community was not opened  How to be 100% sure that the issue is not related to my internet connection?

Do you have any issues opening any skype websites?

I don't have any VPN, however, I have another Website- unblocking Software, Anonymity Online Software called 'Tor browser'(from the Tor Project(.org) site) with which I have tried opening the Skype.com, and I found that the skype was opened well, and I was logged into my web-based Skype account well. However, 'TorBrowser' opens any website very slowly(taking too long to respond). It isn't like opening the website with normal way(Via IE, or any other browsers). Also, even although the Skype was opened well in TorBrowser, I want to use the Skype desktop app(Skype client). How to log in to my account. Do you think that I am blocked by my ISP to use the Skype. What is the solution?

• Edited by cooperator Monday, October 10, 2016 7:33 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2016 7:28 AM