Exchange 2007 and Lync - AutoAttendant Transfer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I call from a Lync client to the AutoAttendant number, and I enter the digits for Jhon Smith (for example), UM recognizes the name, and tries to transfer the call to John Smith, then, another Lync call window is open saying that is calling Jhon Smith, the "waiting sound" is played then, and the call is never placed, until I explicitly hang up the AA call, when I hang up de AA call, the phone starts ringing for Jhon Smith.

Under the hood, snopper tells me that:

When:

UM recognizes the name, and tries to transfer the call to John Smith (a REFER-TO is sent to the Lync calling party)

Then, a series of Trying, Subscribe (to Jhon Smith) to the UM server are sent, and an OK and Trying messages are received.

This is the last message on Snooper when the "waiting sound" is played

When I hang up the AA call, a BYE is sent to UM and the call is being placed to Jhon Smith with no problems.

I saw some posts here related, but not the same, because the call is finally placed, but human intervention is needed to hang up the call to UM (and I couldn't yet test it with a regular phone)

I disabled REFER support on lync trunk as some post said, but I do not know if this is related or not.

Thanks!

UPDATE: If I wait 3 minutes, a sort of timeout is given, and the call is being finally placed to user. If I see on snooper a BYE is sent to UM with reason: "Call Terminated on Hold Failure"

Sunday, May 29, 2011 9:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,Andres

It's a wild issue.Could you post the detailed log here please?

And also,some questions for you

Did you call from Lync client inside or outside your orgnization?

Did it happen on all users when you transfer call from AA?

Is your exchange UM server hosted or on-premises?

Could you elaberate your tology and backgroup with more detail,please?

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 7:34 AM
  • Answering your questions:

Did you call from Lync client inside or outside your orgnization?

Inside.

Did it happen on all users when you transfer call from AA?

Yes.

Is your exchange UM server hosted or on-premises?

On-Premise.

Could you elaberate your tology and backgroup with more detail,please?

Yes

There is an Exchange 2007 SP3 UM, a Lync 2010 FE Server and Lync Clients

If I call through a regular PSTN phone this issue is not present. So it seems like a  Lync Client issue.

I will try to paste some log later.

Thanks

Friday, June 3, 2011 4:57 PM
  • I have the exact same problem.

1 Exchange server (2010) 1 Lync 2010 server and 1 AD server (test environment)  and I can replicate this behaviour  Every time I use the AA to transfer to another lync user it takes exactly 2m55s to make the transfer. right before the transfer occurs I see a message4 "call unsuccessful" and then the transfer goes through!  Wish MS would get this right! 

I've scanned the eventvwr logs on both the exchagne server and the lync server and there is nothing associated with the transfer event.  something MUST be failing or timing out for the transfer to take this long!

Monday, June 27, 2011 5:52 PM
  • Thanks to share pcmmitham... Haven't fixed this yet though
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:49 AM
  • Hi,Andres,

I noticed that you wrote the user name as " Jhon Smith " with space characters in the display name,I am not sure if it's just as an example or there is a space character in users' display name indeed.

Would you please check if this KB article apply to your issue?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2431942

If still no help could you turn on logging on the Lync client and use snooper to troubleshoot the problem for more infromation,please?

Regards,

Sharon

Thursday, July 7, 2011 11:33 AM
  • Just an example Sharon, I will check the KB but is not exactly what is happening...

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 1:33 AM
  • I have a similiar configuration as Andres... I am also experience the same issue. Call will not transfer until I hangup the AA call.
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:36 PM
  • This must be some sort of bug. Seeing the same thing with a customer who is using Exchange 2007 SP2 rollup 5 UM server with Lync 2010.

Additionally, there are interesting parse error messages in the client log that look like this:

SIP_URL::ParseUrlBase ParseSipUrlParams failed 80004005

SIP_URL::InternalInitialize ParseSipUrl(sip:<firstname>, <lastname>) failed 80ee0012

The sip address above that fails to parse is the display name of the user instead of thioer actual SIP address.

The use-case scenario is:

Calling subscriber access from Lync client, looking up another Lync user in the directory and choosing "call the office".

Then you see the exact behavior described at the beginning of this thread.

Funny thing is it works fine when calling from PBX phone or cell phone from the PSTN, just a problem with Lync client...

David
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 9:29 PM
  • Hi All,

I just stumbled across this problem, I was using exchange UM 2010 RTM, I updated it to SP1 with Roll up 4 and this issue is gone, The RU 4 hotfix document does not say that it fixes this issue but not sure why it aint happening, something worth a try if you are on 2010.

Mohammed Anas

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 10:59 PM
  • Thanks AnasShaikh
    Monday, May 14, 2012 8:16 PM