none
Team project edited code saving problem RRS feed

• Question

• G'day everyone, I'm having some trouble with a team project I set up for a couple mates and myself. I've made a new project and got it to the stage so that they have all of the files on their computer and can edit them and stuff, but my problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to get it what they edit on their computer and then save the project comes up on my computer when I open the edited file on my computer.

Example ; 

John and Steve are making a basic windows application form that has a label in it that says "Welcome to the program!" 

John and Steve are both in the same team project and can get the project open in the Source File viewer fine. 

John decides to add a second line to the label, so it now reads "Welcome to the program, enjoy your stay!" 

John then saves all and Steve opens the edited file to find that it still says "Welcome to the program!" 

That might not be a very good example but it's the best I can think of haha. Whenever they change something on a form, I can't get the edited one to appear on the other persons computer. I think it might have something to do with checking in/out but no matter what I do I can't seem to figure it out. And help would be greatly appreciated in solving this issue.  

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 12:26 PM

All replies

• Soapieryeti --

Does your question have anything to do with Microsoft Project Server, an enterprise project management application?  If so, please elaborate, because I see nothing in your question that indicates so.  If not, please repost your question in a more relevant user forum.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 12:29 PM