none
Ping Domain Replays just from one DC RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

There is 2 DCs in site. for test we shut down DC2 and we had problems with Authenticating. I pinged Domain name, there were no response (just when DC1 is turned on ping is ok)

DC1 is containing all FSMO roles

repadmin is ok

dns replication is ok

Both are GC

Both are as DNS server in DHCP and on clients are visible

When I ping domain name from DC2 it returns itself IP but everywhere else domain ping replays DC1's IP

What could be the problem? 

Thanks in advance

• Edited by Ghasem Shams Saturday, February 10, 2018 2:32 PM
    Saturday, February 10, 2018 10:31 AM

Answers

• I Found the problem. Actually it was related to JRNL-WRAP-Error in event viewer. There were no sysvol and logon share on DC2. after using D4/D2 method mentioned in below link, my problem solved completely. 

https://blogs.msmvps.com/acefekay/2013/08/28/how-to-recover-a-journal-wrap-error-jrnl_wrap_error-and-a-corrupted-sysvol-from-a-good-dc-what-option-do-i-use-d4-or-d2-whats-the-difference-between-d4-and-d2/

Saturday, March 3, 2018 10:54 AM

All replies

• I solved ping problem, but authenticating doesn't happen yet (There is no logon server alert )
    Saturday, February 10, 2018 2:33 PM
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your question. 
    I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.
    Thank you for your understanding and support.
    Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, February 12, 2018 2:52 AM

• I Found the problem. Actually it was related to JRNL-WRAP-Error in event viewer. There were no sysvol and logon share on DC2. after using D4/D2 method mentioned in below link, my problem solved completely. 

https://blogs.msmvps.com/acefekay/2013/08/28/how-to-recover-a-journal-wrap-error-jrnl_wrap_error-and-a-corrupted-sysvol-from-a-good-dc-what-option-do-i-use-d4-or-d2-whats-the-difference-between-d4-and-d2/

Saturday, March 3, 2018 10:54 AM
  • Hi,

I am glad to hear that your issue was successfully resolved.

Appreciate your effort

Best Regards,

Frank Song

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 5, 2018 2:28 AM