none
Power Query No Organization Results ? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All ,

Would you please assets me to find what's wrong with this scenario:

I Have SQL Azure Database and i have an account at Power BI , I Connected them successfully through a a gateway using the Admin center , now i logged in to my office 365 account from my power query at excel 2013 and i pressed the web search i looked for key words and the only information i get retrieved from that search is public information , and there is a zero results from my organizational database so what's wrong and why i can't get results from my organization database ?

Cheers 

Monday, November 24, 2014 10:46 AM

Answers

• If you see ORGANIZATION [0], it means that there is no relevant organization dataset found related to the search term.  Having a SQL Azure Database doesn't auto publish the data into the organization catalog.  You need to do explicit data set publish through PowerQuery. 

If you don't see ORGANIZATION [] next to PUBLIC under Online Search, it means you haven't sign in to PowerBI yet.

• Edited by Sherry_Li Wednesday, December 3, 2014 2:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by ALBIHANY-ADEN Thursday, December 4, 2014 7:42 AM
    Wednesday, December 3, 2014 2:32 AM

All replies

• Hi there. Does the rightmost button in the Power BI section of the PQ tab say "Sign Out", or "Sign In"? Have you tried setting the scope to ORGANIZATION using the tabs above your search results? Do you see tabs for ORGANIZATION and PUBLIC when you search?

Ehren

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 9:13 PM
    Owner
  • If you see ORGANIZATION [0], it means that there is no relevant organization dataset found related to the search term.  Having a SQL Azure Database doesn't auto publish the data into the organization catalog.  You need to do explicit data set publish through PowerQuery. 

If you don't see ORGANIZATION [] next to PUBLIC under Online Search, it means you haven't sign in to PowerBI yet.

• Edited by Sherry_Li Wednesday, December 3, 2014 2:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by ALBIHANY-ADEN Thursday, December 4, 2014 7:42 AM
    Wednesday, December 3, 2014 2:32 AM