none
Deploy certificate

Question

• Dear all,

I have purchased a UCC certificate but the public CA provider no longer allows internal domain names to be used as one of the SANs. This means that if anyone trys to access the exchange 2010 server with its internal host name (ex01.local) the certificate the browser presents an error to say there hostname does not match the certificate, we know is safe to continue but this is also a nuisance for anyone using OWA. 

I know each user can install the certificate to their PCs local certificate store to stop this message popping up each time, however I was wondering if anyone has deployed the certificate via group policy to resolve this?

Thursday, November 12, 2015 9:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Try to follow the steps below to distribute certificates to clients via Group Policy:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772491.aspx

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, November 13, 2015 6:23 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Thanks,

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 1:38 AM
  • Hi,

I'm marking the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days.

If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Friday, November 20, 2015 2:25 AM
  • thanks for the feedback, but what if I want to remove the certificate at a later date from the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store?
    Thursday, December 03, 2015 2:16 PM
  • thanks for the feedback, but what if I want to remove the certificate at a later date from the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store?
    See this one - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/293819
    Wednesday, December 09, 2015 1:14 AM