none
Configuring Branches with Policies and OUs

Question

• Hi, I have been configuring with branches with policies and OUs. I am trying to get the computers to listen to the User and Admin policy, but they only listen to the Computer Policy itself everytime I change something. This does work with Computer Policy, but it doesn't work with User and Admin Policy. I would be happy enough if this would work, so that I can release this domain on to our public network. Right now, I am testing it!

The image below shows you how I set it out for it to work, but it doesn't work. So, I tried many things as I possibly can! And also, I will post more photos at some point. But will you figure this problem out, that would be great! Thank you! :)

• Edited by Benjamin1234 Sunday, June 28, 2015 10:22 PM Image Added
    Sunday, June 28, 2015 10:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Benjamin,

The 2GPOs you configured which failed to apply on the computer were due to they are  user settings, would only apply to the user accounts exists in the OU no matter which computer they logged in.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:40 AM

All replies

• > trying to get the computers to listen to the User and Admin policy, but
    > they only listen to the Computer Policy itself everytime I change

Somehow, I totally fail to understand the issue... Is it that user
    policies are not applied when the user logs on to a computer?

Greetings/Grüße, Martin

Mal ein gutes Buch über GPOs lesen?
    Good or bad GPOs? - my blog…
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment (-:
    Monday, June 29, 2015 7:40 AM
  • Hi Benjamin,

The 2GPOs you configured which failed to apply on the computer were due to they are  user settings, would only apply to the user accounts exists in the OU no matter which computer they logged in.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:40 AM