I have a main report that has a sub report. It all seems to work fine, except that I get the error "One or mor parameters were not specified for the subreport" when the second page of the report is rendered. So I verifed that all the parameters for both reports are setup correctly, looked at the data to see if it that was causing the issue, etc.... I found nothing.
Then I came across this article.
So I changed all the parameters on the sub report Available Values to none. Now it works without issues.
My problem is that the sub report needs to be run independently. By setting the Available Values to none, the user is unable to select values for the parameters. This is not acceptable.
I suppose I could create a duplicate report to use as the sub report, with all the Available Values set to none for the parameters, but that means I need to maintain two reports instead of one.
This has to be a bug.
Anyone come across this situation?
Sorry for the delay.
Based on my test, the error message hints that either the report parameter has not been passed from the main report to the subreport or that the wrong format of report parameter or an unacceptable value for the report parameter has been passed from the main report to the subreport.
When passing the parameter from the main report to subreport, we can grant the parameter to Available values in the subreport. While the values passed should be contained by Available values of the parameter in the subreport. In this case, the error won't occur. In other words, the parameter in the subreport can contain Available values.
If I have any misunderstanding, please feel free to contact me.
TechNet Community Support
- Edited by Heidi-DuanMicrosoft contingent staff, Moderator Sunday, December 29, 2013 1:17 PM edit
- Proposed as answer by Shahfaisal MuhammedModerator Sunday, December 29, 2013 7:22 PM
- Marked as answer by Heidi-DuanMicrosoft contingent staff, Moderator Wednesday, January 01, 2014 1:20 AM
- Unmarked as answer by WRBehning Thursday, January 02, 2014 2:48 PM