none
Transition-In MPR fires workflows hours after object update RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are experiencing big delays in workflow execution for users created in the portal.

When nothing goes wrong, about 40 workflows are executed at each user creation in the portal
    In some cases, 2 workflows are not executed.
    The MPRs that fire those workflows are Transition-in MPRs, and are of course not based on temporal sets.
    I searched the requests and found out that each time a "System event request" causes the workflows execution to resume (the last example I have is 8 hours after the user creation).
    I thought that sets membership may not be updated and ran the FIM_MaintainSetsJob SQL Job and it did trigger the 2 workflows left.
    We are using FIM 2010 version 4.0.3594.2 and SQL Server 2008 R2 and the SQL and WSS servers performance are good and not overloaded at all.

Do you know the possible reasons why FIM stops updating sets membership and stop executing workflows?
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:42 PM

All replies

• This issue can show up from time to time.

I have set the FIM_maintain job to run every hour and this pretty much solves it. I usually dont have SLA thats shorter that 1 hour.

Its not the perfect solution but it will at least get you to where you need to be so that you can continue searching for the error.

//Christian

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:44 PM