none
GAL Sync for 2 office 365 tenant using FIM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I like to achieve the GAL Synchronization between two office 365 Tenant using FIM 2010R2

My Environment :On Premise AD , Azure AD , 2 Office 365 Tenant

User Synchronization happens using DIRSYNC between On Premise AD and Azure AD. And I have 2 OU as SITE A and SITE B. SITE A users have separate Office 365 Tenant and SITE B users have separate Office 365 Tenant. Now I need to perform GAL Synchronization.

Please suggest which solution will be feasible.

Approach 1

Using FIM AAD Connector , SITE A user will be provisioned as contact in Azure AD SITE B and SITE B users will be provisioned as Contact in Azure AD SITE A.

Approach 2 : Using FIM- GAL MA I will create a contact in On premise AD itself on both OU and then only contact will synchronize  to Azure AD.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Sridhar

Sridhar

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 3:44 PM

Answers

• FIM/MIM WAAD connector is in code freeze and will soon be officially deprecated so no new deployments should take dependency on it. Furthermore, it will not work (i.e. crash) if you have any User/Group writeback turn-on in the tenant. Since this is a single forest syncing to two different tenant, the solution is for expand the AAD Connect for each tenant to include all "other" users and add a rule to set sourceObjectType = Contact for these "other" users. Once the sourceObjectType is set to Contact these will automatically be provisioned as Contact in that tenant.

PS: If you have two different forests syncing to two different tenants, the recommendation solution is to use MIM GALSync.

Friday, August 11, 2017 8:36 AM

All replies

• No replay to this yet? has any of the approaches worked for you Sridhar?
    Thursday, August 10, 2017 3:18 PM
  • FIM/MIM WAAD connector is in code freeze and will soon be officially deprecated so no new deployments should take dependency on it. Furthermore, it will not work (i.e. crash) if you have any User/Group writeback turn-on in the tenant. Since this is a single forest syncing to two different tenant, the solution is for expand the AAD Connect for each tenant to include all "other" users and add a rule to set sourceObjectType = Contact for these "other" users. Once the sourceObjectType is set to Contact these will automatically be provisioned as Contact in that tenant.

PS: If you have two different forests syncing to two different tenants, the recommendation solution is to use MIM GALSync.

Friday, August 11, 2017 8:36 AM