screen jumps up and down RRS feed

• Question

• My screen in Internet Explorer periodically has the screen jump up and down rapidly. It goes so fast that you can't read it. The only way out is to use Task Manager to close it.  On the web there are number of inquires about a similar problem. I have read many of the forums and it doesn't look like anybody has acknowledged that they have solved the problem.

I have run several programs of viruses, malware, etc.  I ran a restore to 2 days before the problem appeared.  I have updated my  video card and Windows drivers.  I have run a program to clean my registry. I believe that it is a corrupted file in IE.  I really hate to reinstall Windows, because I will lose a lot of files, some of which I paid for.

Any suggestions?

Thursday, April 3, 2014 6:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry for my late reply.

For this issue, I suggest that you try using other browser to narrow down this issue. 

If other browser works fine, we can confirm that this issue is related to Internet Explorer.

We can try running Internet Explorer in No Addons mode to check the result.

Please open the Run box from the WinX Menu in Windows 8, type the following command line argument and hit Enter:

iexplore.exe -extoff

Regards,

Kelvin Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 3:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Sorry for my late reply.

For this issue, I suggest that you try using other browser to narrow down this issue. 

If other browser works fine, we can confirm that this issue is related to Internet Explorer.

We can try running Internet Explorer in No Addons mode to check the result.

Please open the Run box from the WinX Menu in Windows 8, type the following command line argument and hit Enter:

iexplore.exe -extoff

Regards,

Kelvin Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 3:02 AM
  • updated my  video card and Windows drivers.

Any suggestions?

What mouse?  FWIW I would like to know why I only see this with MMKC (even with IE marked as an application which is known not to scroll correctly) and not with LogicTech.   I had never seen IE do scrolling right (especially Auto-Scroll) until I got a LogicTech mouse and installed its software to deal with this annoyance.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 4:35 PM