client publishing server RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add the management server as a publishing server inside the application virtualization client. I keep getting this error message. 

Incorrect Function

Error code: 4604ee8-00000725-00000001

The client is setup to reach the management server at port 80 http://alpha:80. I believe it to be an error in the IIS. I am not too familiar with IIS. This is all a virtualized domain on a PC.

Sunday, June 27, 2010 2:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• The Management Server doesn't rely on IIS and as such doesn't support HTTP natively. 

When adding the publishing server to the client, specify the Application Virtualization Server or Security Enhanced Application Virtualization Server (if you have configured a server certificate) and enter the FQDN of the Management Server.

To read more on HTTP publishing, read this article: http://blogs.technet.com/b/appv/archive/2010/06/14/a-guide-to-app-v-publishing-and-streaming-using-iis.aspx

Sunday, June 27, 2010 3:17 PM
  • when i specify "application virtualization server" in the client settings I get this error:

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Sunday, June 27, 2010 4:01 PM
  • Use the App-V Ping Tool from the Immidio Resource Kit to see if the server is accepting connections: http://www.immidio.com/resourcekit/

If not, check your Windows Firewall settings and set exemptions for the following processes: sghwsvr.exe and sghwdsptr.exe.

Sunday, June 27, 2010 4:55 PM
  • On the waiting for response portion it , failed with a time out. Connecting to port 554 on server alpha resulted in error 7.
    Sunday, June 27, 2010 10:52 PM
  • So did you check the Windows Firewall configuration on the App-V Management Server? Do you have anything between the client and the server that could be interfering with communication?

You might also try running the App-V Ping Tool on the Management Server to ensure it is actually working.

Sunday, June 27, 2010 10:55 PM
  • both firewalls are off, running ping tool on the server.
    Sunday, June 27, 2010 10:58 PM
  • Errors out on the same spot on the server. Let me do some looking.
    Sunday, June 27, 2010 11:01 PM
  • I am still working on this but as it being a side test project the time is few and far between right now. I will respond back with an answer when completed.

Friday, July 2, 2010 3:01 PM
  • Could you check if the Application Virtualization Management Server service is running on the server machine. If not, try to restart it

Falko
    • Proposed as answer by SYLVESTERCLARK Sunday, December 25, 2011 10:13 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by SYLVESTERCLARK Sunday, December 25, 2011 10:13 AM
    Monday, July 5, 2010 1:47 PM
  • Do you have SQL database on the same server as Management Server? If this is the case, usually SQL starts slower than Management Server service upon startup, in which case Mgmt Server tries to connect to local DB but after failing to do so shuts down. And then SQL starts but Application Virtualization Management Server service is already down.. Adding service dependeny between SQL Server and App-V's does help in this situation.

/Kalle

Monday, July 12, 2010 2:33 PM