Reporting RRS feed

• Question

• In a previous post I had asked if it was possbile to aggregate a list of hardware at a clients site. However, upon attempting to use the Custom Reporting Feature built into ROM I'm recieving an error stating that "No Report Builder Models are available".

Am i missing a component of the install?

- Xing1010

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 1:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

With my understanding, the configuration is on System Center Operations Manager. I think the following article should be helpful for your scenario.

There are several ways available to introduce a new report for the OpsMgr. First and the least expensive one is reusing existing OpsMgr generic reports. OpsMgr Generic Report Library contains a set of highly customizable reports that allow you to report on pretty much any data in the data warehouse. It is usually only a question of providing the right set of parameters. You customize generic reports providing parameters and the best way to do that in SSRS is create a linked report.

The second way to create custom reports in Operations Manager is using Report Builder. Unfortunately we do not ship any Report Builder models at this time so this way is available to you only if you create the models yourself. This could be beneficial for organizations that would want to allow their end users to create new reports using report models created by administrator.

If neither first nor second way solves your problem you can always create report from the scratch using Visual Studio. This is the most powerful way that allows you to use full set of functionality provided by both SQL Reporting Services and OpsMgr. The SQL Developer Support Team can help the customer create custom report models.

If it doesn't help, please use the following Microsoft public newsgroups, which would be the best resource for your question.

Operations Manager Newsgroups
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/opsmgr/bb839593.aspx  

Thanks.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 11:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

With my understanding, the configuration is on System Center Operations Manager. I think the following article should be helpful for your scenario.

There are several ways available to introduce a new report for the OpsMgr. First and the least expensive one is reusing existing OpsMgr generic reports. OpsMgr Generic Report Library contains a set of highly customizable reports that allow you to report on pretty much any data in the data warehouse. It is usually only a question of providing the right set of parameters. You customize generic reports providing parameters and the best way to do that in SSRS is create a linked report.

The second way to create custom reports in Operations Manager is using Report Builder. Unfortunately we do not ship any Report Builder models at this time so this way is available to you only if you create the models yourself. This could be beneficial for organizations that would want to allow their end users to create new reports using report models created by administrator.

If neither first nor second way solves your problem you can always create report from the scratch using Visual Studio. This is the most powerful way that allows you to use full set of functionality provided by both SQL Reporting Services and OpsMgr. The SQL Developer Support Team can help the customer create custom report models.

If it doesn't help, please use the following Microsoft public newsgroups, which would be the best resource for your question.

Operations Manager Newsgroups
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/opsmgr/bb839593.aspx  

Thanks.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 11:44 AM
  • Thanks Yog Li,  Looks like I will be learning a bit more than I expected about reporting. Hopefully the linked Reporting Function will have what were looking for.

Thanks Again

- Xing1010

Thursday, June 12, 2008 3:22 PM