How to disable mark as read completely RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I already have turned off automatic "Mark as read".

Is there a way to completely disable any and all automatic "Mark as read", even if you double click the message to open?

Monday, January 14, 2019 12:29 PM

All replies

• Hi rkut,

According to my research, I'm afraid that there is no option in Outlook or registry key to completely disable marking messages as read.

If you double click to view the email, it will always be marked as read. We can right click the message and manually mark it as unread. As a workaround, you can also check messages in Reading Panel only.

If you have more concerns on this feature, it is encouraged to visit the Outlook user voice forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/ to vote for a similar idea or post your own.

By the way, could we know why you want keep email unread?

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2:12 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2:12 AM
    • Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, January 15, 2019 9:58 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, January 18, 2019 8:46 AM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2:09 AM
  • Hi rkut,

I've found another thread here. If you want to track emails, we can use flags to distinguish which message was already replied.

Reference: Flag email messages for follow up

Hope the information is helpful to you. If you have further concern, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, January 16, 2019 1:08 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, January 17, 2019 5:07 AM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2019 1:07 AM