none
Domain controller does not synchronize with external NTP

Question

• Personally, I have a very strange problem on my domain controller, Windows Server 2012 Portuguese version of Brazil.
    The time of system delays 10 minutes, I have done all settings in W3Time as many tutorials on the Internet, the server simply does not synchronize and if I change the time manually, back to slow after a while, is not CMOS problem and not firewall rule on UDP port 123.

I installed this program on the server, http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html is running, but the server keeps late hours 10 minutes.

Any idea ?

Ivanildo Teixeira Galvão

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 7:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How many domain controllers do you have in your environment? Can you please share more details about your current time configuration in Active Directory?

Can you ping the external time servers from the DC?

Take a look at this blog post and see if it is helpful for you:

http://blogs.msmvps.com/mweber/2010/06/27/time-configuration-in-a-windows-domain/

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, November 05, 2015 6:53 AM
  • Are two domain controllers, a Windows Server 2012 and other Windows Server 2008 R2, yesterday I moved the PDC Emulator role for DC with Windows Server 2008 R2, spent the day well when it came to watch the night late in a time, is absurd. But I can not see where the problem is, since I read several articles on the internet about w32time, since mechi in registry keys, already registered NTP manually, but to no avail.

Does anyone here have any idea how to solve this?

Ivanildo Teixeira Galvão

Friday, November 06, 2015 10:59 AM
  • Hi,

So Windows Server 2008 R2 holds the PDC Emulator role? And you are seeing a time sync issue on Windows Server 2012 DC?

Can you ping the external time servers from the DC?

On the problematic DC, try to run below command and see if it works:

net stop w32time
    w32tm /unregister
    w32tm /register
    net start w32time

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 10:09 AM
  • Hi,

Which domain controller are you trying to sync with an external time source?

Regards,

ac

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 9:43 PM
  • Hi Ivanildo,

How is it going? Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Friday, November 13, 2015 9:42 AM