BCCd emails being duplicated RRS feed

• Question

• I'm BCCing emails sent by some of our staff to an internal account to be monitored. Some of those emails are being duplicated in that account's inbox. What could be causing this? At first, I thought it was another rule copying it to a different account, but I switched that off and it's still happening.
    Thursday, August 16, 2018 10:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is the duplicated email also a Bcc email?

Please confirm if the Bcc recipient is in the To or CC field, check if there is any transport or inbox rules trying to do this.

To get the more details about the duplicated email, we could search message tracking log via the command below or test the message header using ExRCA.

Get-MessageTrackingLog  -Sender sendername@domain.com -MessageSubject <subject> | fl >c:\1.txt

Please send the output txt file to the following address: ibsexc@microsoft.com

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, August 17, 2018 6:39 AM
  • The only transport rule that affects these recipients is the one which the one which sends the BCC to the monitor account. The tracking log only presented a blank text file.
    Friday, August 17, 2018 10:24 AM
  • The only transport rule that affects these recipients is the one which the one which sends the BCC to the monitor account. The tracking log only presented a blank text file.

As far as I know, if message from an internal account to the monitor account exists, then the output of message tracking log won't be blank. Send a test BCC message to the monitor account, then run the following command:

Get-MessageTrackingLog  -Sender "<sendername@domain.com>" -MessageSubject "<subject>"

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Manu Meng Wednesday, August 22, 2018 11:36 AM Edit the content
    Monday, August 20, 2018 5:06 PM
  • Hi Nicholas,

I have received your email. while I mean a BCC message to the monitor account, not really send "To" it.. 

Please send a BCC email and re-run the command above to get the message tracking log.

Regards,

Manu Meng

• Edited by Manu Meng Wednesday, August 22, 2018 11:40 AM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2018 11:39 AM