I'm pretty sure I have read/opened that email, and it does appear as read in Outlook, however after I restart Outlook, some emails will display as unread again. RRS feed

• Question

• Note it's jjust for some emails, not all. And not happen every time when I relaunch the client.

Pretty annoying.

Friday, August 31, 2018 2:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What’s your account type? (POP/IMAP/Exchange)

Have you configured your account on other devices? Such as mobile phone?

When this issue occurs, you could log on the web mail to see if the message was also unread. If yes, it could be that you closed Outlook before the read status sync to the server.

You can mark them as read on the web mail to test the result.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, September 3, 2018 2:33 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, September 4, 2018 5:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by exuser123 Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:46 AM
    Monday, September 3, 2018 2:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What’s your account type? (POP/IMAP/Exchange)

Have you configured your account on other devices? Such as mobile phone?

When this issue occurs, you could log on the web mail to see if the message was also unread. If yes, it could be that you closed Outlook before the read status sync to the server.

You can mark them as read on the web mail to test the result.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, September 3, 2018 2:33 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, September 4, 2018 5:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by exuser123 Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:46 AM
    Monday, September 3, 2018 2:33 AM
  • Hi,

How is everything going on with this issue?

Please feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 12:52 AM