ProClarity 6.3 Slicer Functionality with customer name RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a report which i have selected the customer name dimension as the background dimension. This customer name dimension also appears as a filter in the report.
    As customer names varies and the volume are huge (there are about over 7000 customer name), can I add in a tree/hierarchy in the report filter. For example, when user select the filter drop down arrow, they will see the customer name is organized alphabetically, ie, A, B, C, D, etc. When user select to expand A, all the customer name beginning with 'A' will display below it.

TQ
    Monday, May 11, 2009 4:09 AM

Answers

• Hello cheesemink,

This functionality is not available in ProClarity Professional.  However, what if you create Sets to use in your Slicer?  For example, you want to see all customer names that begin with 'A'.  Create a Set consisting of all of those members (select all members in the Setup Panel / right click / New Set).  Then, so long as the customer hierarchy is located on the Background it will display all of the A names in the slicer dropdown when the A Set is selected. 
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Flanagan Thursday, June 4, 2009 2:50 PM
    Monday, May 11, 2009 8:57 PM

All replies

• Hello cheesemink,

This functionality is not available in ProClarity Professional.  However, what if you create Sets to use in your Slicer?  For example, you want to see all customer names that begin with 'A'.  Create a Set consisting of all of those members (select all members in the Setup Panel / right click / New Set).  Then, so long as the customer hierarchy is located on the Background it will display all of the A names in the slicer dropdown when the A Set is selected. 
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Flanagan Thursday, June 4, 2009 2:50 PM
    Monday, May 11, 2009 8:57 PM
  • Hi Amanda,

Does this mean that if I need alphabet from A- Z, I need to create a set for all of them and then select all of them to be in background dimension?

Thanks in advance
    Friday, May 15, 2009 12:03 AM
  • Yes, that is correct.  Which means you would have quite a long Set list.  I'm not sure of any other workarounds for this issue, but maybe someone else can reply with some helpful information. 
    Monday, May 18, 2009 4:49 PM