locked
b2b upgrade timer job failed RRS feed

  • Question

  • a previous attempt to upgrade sharepoint product and technology has failed.Review the upgrade log on server  or review the sharepoint timer service upgrade job status using central administration web application

    Getting this error while upgrading wss 3.0 sp2 to MOSS 2007 sp1. When checking timer status one of the job got failed.Upgrade job failed in Timer job.Log files is telling B2B upgrade fail.

    I tried stsadm -o upgrade -inplace b2b -wait –force and psconfig -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b –force


    Anyone can help me?

    Thanks in advance.
    M.Rathi Devi
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, September 11, 2011 11:26 AM admin/upgrade question NOT General (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 10:37 AM

Answers

  • Thanks to all.

    I got my answer by myself.

    I have executed stsadm -o upgrade -inplace and it got failed .I have gone through upgrade.log file.It is telling that it is not able to upgrade one of my site collection which is orphan site.

    Then i have checked the site collection list it is not listed properly this site collection property.So that i have deleted that sitecollection and then executed stsadm cmd and then Sharepoint product and technology wizard it got successfull.

    Thanks.

     

     

    Monday, September 12, 2011 4:39 PM

All replies

  • HI,

    Is there any error in event logs and upgrade logs?

    Post them here so that we can take a look.

    Are you running psconfig one by one starting from central admin server?

     


    Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 3:35 PM
  • Rathi,

    It could be a permission issue. Make sure account used for the sharepoint timer service to one that is an admin on both the front end server and database server. It could also be Search Service issue. To get around this, use Central Admin to disable the Windows SharePoint (Help) Search Service.

    Delete (or move) the Search DB on the SQL server.
    Start the service back up again with a fresh DB.
    Once it's up, re-run the stsadm command again and it should go through fine.
    You can then run the SharePoint Setup Wizard to ensure the whole upgrade is completed.Refer following links for more details on suggested solution and other possible solution of the issue :
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/sharepointadmin/thread/8067cd72-d5aa-49c7-ade5-d748b53c8ea8
     
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointadmin/thread/dd820a8d-1dee-4d31-a79c-803ae3704208/
     
    If this does not help than share specific error logs generated under Logs  in the 12 hive


    Leonid Lyublinski Wizard of MOSS
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 7:55 PM
  • Thanks to all.

    I got my answer by myself.

    I have executed stsadm -o upgrade -inplace and it got failed .I have gone through upgrade.log file.It is telling that it is not able to upgrade one of my site collection which is orphan site.

    Then i have checked the site collection list it is not listed properly this site collection property.So that i have deleted that sitecollection and then executed stsadm cmd and then Sharepoint product and technology wizard it got successfull.

    Thanks.

     

     

    Monday, September 12, 2011 4:39 PM