Problems with Windows Edge, Start keyand Notifications RRS feed

• Question

• Today Windows Edge, Start key and notifications all disappeared !! Latest security update will not install (KB3087040). Probably don't need this but I would like to know what's happening with the other problems. Last time I had to reinstall windows 10 to get everything back but in the process I had to reinstall many other programs. I don't want t do that ever again. Please check as I cannot be the only one with this issue.
    Monday, September 21, 2015 10:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Start button,
    ctrl+alt+del>TasksManger>Detail tab, locate dwm.exe.... I expect that it will be missing...

You can try restarting it from tasksmanger>File>Run New Task>dwm.exe

or if you force a powerdown by pressing the reboot button on your desktop box or  the power button on your laptop or phablet the Tasks bar and start button should be back where they were.

KB3087040 - If you have set automatic windows updates WinX will try again to download and install it when you reboot... make sure you have established a connection (you can do this before you even log in to your network on the Win login screen).

General troubleshooting - Windows Search (spyglass icon on the tasksbar), search for Event Logs and run it. View any errors in the setup and devices sections and copy and paste them with your questions.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question about Windows 10 or MS Edge, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Wednesday, September 23, 2015 9:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Deason Wu Thursday, October 8, 2015 8:46 AM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 4:34 AM