Installing PAS 6.3 on Vista RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,
    I installed PAS 6.3 on Vista via the Local account but for some reason after the install when I try to go to the ProClarity Administrative Tool, it asks me for a user name and password.

For some reason, even after entering the username and password, it does not accept the user name and password and keeps prompting me to re-enter username.

Has anyone had similar issues with PAS install??  
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 3:17 PM

All replies

• Hi VeNeedsHelp,
    Sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulties!  A bit more information may help narrow down the cause of the prompt.   Do you have any other web applications installed on the machine?  Are you able to browse to the PAS site?  What authentication methods are configured on the PAS virtual directory in the IIS manager?

Thanks,

Bob
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 5:48 PM
  • Hi Bob,

Thanks for the prompt reply. To answer your questions, I did have ProClarity Web Services Installed on the machine. I was able to browse the PAS site and the authentication method that I use is SQL Server authentication.

In addition to that I have MS SQL Server 2008 on the machine and Vista Enterprise.

I hope I answerer all the queries.

Ve

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 3:01 PM
  •  I see that you are using SQL Server 2008.  Assuming that you have installed SP2 for PAS, but just checking.  Are you using the same account to connect to the Admin Tool that was used to install the product.  Typically this would have been done with the local Admin account, so you should be using that to connect to the tool since your account wouldn't be setup yet or you would need to use the account that was used to install the product.  

If you are still unable to connect with the Admin Tool you can take a look at the Users, Roles, and Members tables in the ProClarity_PAS database.  This will allow you to determine who is currently setup and what access rights they have.  If needed you can actually setup your information in these tables to get setup and establish connectivity.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 3:06 AM
  •  

Also, the SP1+ builds of Vista are similar to Win2k8 in that the Network Service account doesn’t have read access to the applicationhost.config file.  If you are unable to browse to the PAS website you can try following the Win2k8/IIS7 install doc: 

http://blogs.technet.com/proclarity/archive/2008/12/01/installing-proclarity-6-3-sp2-on-microsoft-windows-server-2008-docx.aspx

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 4:03 PM