At what level should SCCM 2012 be installed? And other issues.... RRS feed

• Question

• I got to pondering something about Configuration Manager, should it be installed at the top of the forest or within a domain in the forest?

For example....

Widgets (Forest)

Triangle (Domain) - Currently SCCM 2012 is installed here and reaching out to the other domains to install the client, which is having communication issues for one reason or another but we'll get to that in another posting.

Square (Domain)

Circle (Domain)

For Client install accounts I've added most of the domain admin accounts so in one of the logs I was browsing through I see \\10.10.10.10\Admin$ failed Triangle\Administrator cannot connect. \\10.10.10.10\Admin Square\Administrator failed cannot connect, \\10.10.10.10\Admin$ Circle\Administrator failed cannot connect. What I'm probably guessing here is that I should make the Triangle computer account local administrator on all the computers within what ever domain is responsible for 10.10.x.x. Correct? And thus following that I should also make the computer account local administrator to any computers within the Square and Circle domain; correct?

Also,

I've been experiencing other issues.

For example, on a computer in the same domain as SCCM and all firewalls off I can set various things in Options. On computers not of the same domain I get an error when I try to apply the Options settings.

On computers in the domain or out of it, when I got to CMApplicationCatalog site and try and set computer as primary computer in My Devices I get the error - This setting cannot be configured because of a network communication or configuration problem. Ideas on fixing that?

Domain computers when going to Software Center I see the OS deployment option, but in the web site I don't. Can it be published to the CMApplicationCatalog?

So many questions, so little time. Gah!!!

Well that's it for now. Also, I've been going through that Noob site and I am on chapter 5 or maybe 6.

Thanks for your assistance.

Friday, September 21, 2012 2:37 PM

All replies