Word 2010: No scrolling preview when zoomed out enough to see multiple columns of pages RRS feed

• Question

• In Word 2010, when I scroll by dragging the vertical scroll bar while being zoomed out enough to see multiple columns of pages (e.g. 2-up), scrolling preview is disabled (I'm in Print Layout view). The display isn't updated until I drop the scroll bar in a new position. This does not happen when multiple columns of pages are not visible, such as when I zoom in so that I only get one column of pages because two pages don't fit within the width of my screen, or when I am zoomed out far enough to view multiple pages at once, but only have one page in the document.

My resolution is 1920x1080, and zooming in to get scrolling preview wastes a lot of screen space that I would like to use to see a lot of document content at once. Without scrolling preview while in multiple-page view, it is extremely tedious to scroll around the large documents that I am trying to work with (10's of pages or more). The little pop-up with the page title next to the scroll bar is not enough. Is there any way to turn on scrolling preview when multiple columns of pages are visible (in Print Layout view)?

Enviroment:

Word 2010 Home and Business
    Windows 7 Professional, 64-Bit
    Dual-core Intel Core i7
    4GB RAM

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 11:00 PM

All replies

• Turns out this is by design? (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-word/no-real-time-vertical-scrolling-in-two-page-view/ccdef070-f7bb-4e98-ba88-c74ceda3a28e?tab=MoreHelp)

Unfortunate... I would strongly opt for scrolling preview when using multiple-page view.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 11:13 PM