Problems with flash applications in ALL browsers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just bought a new laptop with windows 8 pre-installed and have gone through the arduous process of performing all of the windows 8.1 updates. My issue is that on whatever browser I use (chrome, IE, firefox) flash games that I have tried to play have been very weirdly scaled (very small compared to what they should be) and there is rather severe lag or disconnect between mouse and button clicks and the response in the applications. I have tried disabling hardware acceleration and using the "make text and other items larger or smaller" function to no avail.

In addition to flash games, this issue seems to have an impact on youtube and other video sites where playback is stutters and does not run smoothly.

I have just upgraded from a 6 year old laptop that was running windows vista, and honestly it handled these tasks with ease. I have no idea why this is happening and would appreciate any help on the matter.

Thanks

Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:49 AM

Answers

• Kyle94,

The first thing I would try is to reinstall Flash Player and ensure you have the latest version.  If that doesn’t fix your issue then you’ll want to look at other possible causes such as other media players or codec packs that you may have downloaded and installed recently. 

I hope this helps!

Mike

Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro

Thursday, July 31, 2014 2:01 PM
  • Hi,

If this problem occures to all browser, in my opinion, it should not Flash player problem. In addition, Flash Player was build in with system, there is no need to install it manually.

Actually, Youtube support HTML 5 technology, Flayer player in unnecessary to play its video.

For your problem, pleasy try to reinstall Graphic Card driver for test. If problem persists, please let us know.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by EMMmmmmmm Friday, August 1, 2014 7:31 AM 2
    • Marked as answer by Brandon Records Wednesday, August 6, 2014 7:38 PM
    Friday, August 1, 2014 7:30 AM

All replies

• Kyle94,

The first thing I would try is to reinstall Flash Player and ensure you have the latest version.  If that doesn’t fix your issue then you’ll want to look at other possible causes such as other media players or codec packs that you may have downloaded and installed recently. 

I hope this helps!

Mike

Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro

Thursday, July 31, 2014 2:01 PM
  • Hi,

If this problem occures to all browser, in my opinion, it should not Flash player problem. In addition, Flash Player was build in with system, there is no need to install it manually.

Actually, Youtube support HTML 5 technology, Flayer player in unnecessary to play its video.

For your problem, pleasy try to reinstall Graphic Card driver for test. If problem persists, please let us know.

Roger Lu

• Edited by EMMmmmmmm Friday, August 1, 2014 7:31 AM 2
    • Marked as answer by Brandon Records Wednesday, August 6, 2014 7:38 PM
    Friday, August 1, 2014 7:30 AM
  • Thank-you both of you for your replies. I uninstalled/reinstalled flash and checked my graphics card drivers (my drivers were both up to date) and the lag seems to be gone, although scaling with some applications is still messed up.

It's maybe possible that everything is working fine now and the applications themselves don't run at the correctly at my screen's resolution? Although in IE the scaling is not an issue, everything is normal sized. I really have no idea what's going on.

Saturday, August 2, 2014 9:10 AM
  • Hi,

What's the type of these APP? Store app or desktop app? Please check your system resolution setting and make sure it is correct with your display resolution.

In addition, you can try to reinstall these app for test.

Roger Lu

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 1:41 AM