WIndows 7 and Rapidshare RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently installed Win7 64 pro, and I found out that i can not upload or download from Rapidshare. Since this is how i transfer mu music files ( made with fl studio ) to my clients when they purchase them i am now forced to shut down my site. I have ran several different browsers, ran them in every compatibility mode it would allow, and still no results. I will begin either upload or download and after a few seconds or few hundred k, it just stops. Drops right off to 0 kps. I am running on a t1 rated at 25mps and I have used this service with the same server for the last year running xp pro. If anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it.
    Saturday, January 2, 2010 6:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Can you upload data to other public website, skydrive for example? I suggest upload a very small txt file to to Rapidshare and check.

According to the symptom, it is likely the server encountered issues with certain ISPs or locations.

Better contact their support directly and ask them if their program is compatible with windows 7 64 bit.

Meanwhile, could you tell us the exact symptom when trying to upload or download? Any error message?
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, January 18, 2010 9:07 AM
    Monday, January 4, 2010 6:01 AM
  • Please check if the files can be downloaded and uploaded on another computer. If the issue persists in other computers, please contact RapidShare support directly as Magon suggested.

If the issue does not occur in other computers, please temporary disable the security software such as firewall installed and see if the issue can be resolved. Also, you can test the issue in Clean Boot. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

Regards,
    Linda
    • Proposed as answer by Linda Yan Thursday, January 7, 2010 5:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, January 11, 2010 7:33 AM
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 5:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you upload data to other public website, skydrive for example? I suggest upload a very small txt file to to Rapidshare and check.

According to the symptom, it is likely the server encountered issues with certain ISPs or locations.

Better contact their support directly and ask them if their program is compatible with windows 7 64 bit.

Meanwhile, could you tell us the exact symptom when trying to upload or download? Any error message?
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, January 18, 2010 9:07 AM
    Monday, January 4, 2010 6:01 AM
  • Please check if the files can be downloaded and uploaded on another computer. If the issue persists in other computers, please contact RapidShare support directly as Magon suggested.

If the issue does not occur in other computers, please temporary disable the security software such as firewall installed and see if the issue can be resolved. Also, you can test the issue in Clean Boot. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

Regards,
    Linda
    • Proposed as answer by Linda Yan Thursday, January 7, 2010 5:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, January 11, 2010 7:33 AM
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 5:31 AM