Translation error in calendar list with german language pack RRS feed

• Question

• There seems to be a bug in SharePoint Foundation 2010 Language Pack 1031 (German). Some field names in a calendar list are not translated under certain circumstances.

To reproduce:
    - Create a SiteCollection from an english template (e.g. Team Site)
    - With display language still set to English, create a new calendar
    - Set display language for current user to German
    - In the list forms (DispForm, NewForm, EditForm), the fields "Start Date", "End Date" and "Description" are still in English, while all other fields are german. Looking at the list content type shows, that those fields still have english display names. The base site fields are German, however.

How can I change the display names for the affected fields? It doesn't seem to be possible via GUI.

Kind regards,
    Sebastian

Monday, December 20, 2010 10:36 AM

All replies

• There are also no translations for Slovenian language pack for the fields "Start Date", "End Date" and "Description".

Is there any solution to this problem?

Kind regards,

Mark

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:22 PM
  • Same for Russian :(

It seems noone  could find a solution?

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:15 PM
  • Well, I've fixed the problem. And it seems, that was a bug..

First of all, if you don't need an english localization, you should do the following:

1) After the bug appears, open Calendar List Settings, go to "Advanced Settings", Allow management of content types, OK;

2) Open the content type Event, open StartDate/EndDate/Description/etc. columns, "Edit column"

2.1) Make sure, that column name is in your language

2.2) Switch language to english, change column name from english to needed language

3) Enjoy :)

If you want to use localization later, continue with following:

4) Go to Site Settings -> Site content types -> Event

5) Choose one of the columns (StartDate/EndDate/Description/etc), switch to English lang and rename columns to English(or make sure, they are in English already). Press OK, some changes will apply, than press ok again, enjoy :)

Hope that'll help someone:)

Friday, December 21, 2012 1:44 PM
  • Why does moderator unproposing my post as an answer?
    Sunday, April 7, 2013 5:44 PM
  • Why does moderator unproposing my post as an answer?

Because you should not propose your own post as answer according to forum rule. So wait for someone else to propose your post as answer.

If someone verify that your solution works then i will mark you post as answer.

{Moderator}

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Please feel free to unmark answer if does not resolves your problem.

Monday, April 8, 2013 8:21 AM
  • Oh, I'm sorry :)
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:22 AM