none
Baseline disappears RRS feed

• Question

• I created a baseline for my schedule and the baseline was showing on the Resource Overview report. I then created a 2nd baseline (baseline1).  If I display the baseline work and baseline1 work columns on the Gantt chart.  They both have data in them.  However, if I try to display baseline work and baseline1 work on the Resource Overview report, baseline work doesn't show any data and therefore shows up as a straight line.  Why is this happening?

Additionally, when I create a baseline and then insert my schedule into a Master schedule using the Project Subproject option, the baseline disappears.  Does this have anything to do with toggling between "use own resources" and "use resources from" the master file?

I'm running Project Pr0fessional 2016.

Friday, February 24, 2017 7:55 PM

All replies

• I've faced this problem earlier in Online Space, the problem can occur if a user who has the click to run version of Project 2016 opens and saves the project. It is a really rare occurrence but can definitely happen. Project 2013 doesn’t have the same issue (assuming you’re using version 15.0.4833 or later – which you are). 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt592918.aspx

This link can provide you the information about deferred channels. Check your Project PRO version if it is in First release version of August patch.

Monday, February 27, 2017 6:41 PM
  • Hi Projectnewbie,

I will answer the 1st question. which is basically that I cannot reproduce your issue.  I can see both Baseline and Baseline 1 as shown below.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 6:36 AM