Microsoft virtual pc 2007 on windows xp with sp3 RRS feed

• Question

• I am making a return to VPC 2007 because i think it is the only suitable product for me to use at the moment.

I have just re-installed VPC2007 with SP1 as well as the patch for vpc2007 sp1 and the security update. So i think i am up-to-date.

However, when i fire it up, the first error message i get is that "Virtual PC could not open the virtual machine network services driver...".

At the moment i am just using it locally and on the internet.

Question 1 - Can someone tell me when this error message will be a problem for me ? Is it only going to be a problem if i want to network 2 VPC's ? Is it possible to get it to go away !

Following this error message, another says that i am not running on a suported operating system. I am aware that originally XP Home Ed was not support but that with all the updates it is.

Question 2. Am i missing an update  to make it supported ?

THX for any advice

• Edited by Rockface Friday, March 22, 2013 4:50 PM spell check
    Friday, March 22, 2013 4:48 PM

Answers

• I suggest you post over in the Windows 7 Virtual PC and XP Mode forum @ http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprovirt/threads where the VPC experts hand out.  The forum is for discussion of VPC 2007 as well as Win 7 XP Mode.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, March 23, 2013 4:55 PM