Cannot Open EMC 2010 after SP2 install RRS feed

• Question

• Test envoirenment.

Exchange 2010 (All Roles on same box)

Opening the Exchange Management Console when I click on
    Microsoft Exchange On-Premises ...I get

Initialization failed ...

the attempt to connect to
    http://x2010.exchange.local/POWERSHELL USING "KERBEROS" authentication failed: connecting to remote server failed with following error message: access is denied.
    I have Exchange 2007 in the same organization.
    It was fine before I installed SP2 for Exchange 2010.

I notice it is intermittent. And if I open the EMC on Exchange 2010 with Run As: Administrator it works well. All my settings regarding the registeration of PowerShell seems in place.

I am not able to see my Exchange 2007 Server at all using the Exchange 2010 EMC, I know there are some limitations.

Advise Please.

Thank you

Monday, January 30, 2012 6:24 PM

Answers

• Can another account with Exchange org admin permissions open EMC?

Did you install SP1 with elevated permissions ( Run as Administrator)

• Marked as answer by WildPacket Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:19 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2012 11:17 PM

All replies

• Monday, January 30, 2012 8:18 PM
  •  

Thanks but none of this assisted me.  Mines seems to be configured accordingly and when I open my Exchage Management Shell it gives me ...

VERBOSE: Connecting to X2010.Exchange.local
    [x2010.exchange.local] Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : Access is denied. For more
     information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
        + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [], PSRemotingTransportExc
       eption
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PSSessionOpenFailed

Failed to connect to an Exchange server in the current site.

Enter the server FQDN where you want to connect.:

Any !deaz?

Monday, January 30, 2012 9:15 PM
  • Can another account with Exchange org admin permissions open EMC?

Did you install SP1 with elevated permissions ( Run as Administrator)

• Marked as answer by WildPacket Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:19 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2012 11:17 PM
  • hi,

Try this it, I had same issue and i was able to fix it by this way

- Check web.config file under powershell settings, It might have corrupted we can also copy the web.config file from another mailbox server

- Restart the IIS

- EMC should open if not let know with the error code.

Nelson N Exchange 2003|2007|2010
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:57 AM
  • My Exchange Std 2010 came with SP1 builtin.  I opened the console and I was in.  Things started falling apart after I slapped my Exchange 2010 with SP2.  And I did install SP2 with elevated perms.

I created a new AD Account and made it an Exchange Organization Admin and that works like a charm!

Is the Admin Profile gone crazy???  Is this a BUG!!! I see lots of people encountering this glitch?

• Edited by WildPacket Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:18 PM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:15 PM
  • My Exchange Std 2010 came with SP1 builtin.  I opened the console and I was in.  Things started falling apart after I slapped my Exchange 2010 with SP2.  And I did install SP2 with elevated perms.

I created a new AD Account and made it an Exchange Organization Admin and that works like a charm!

Is the Admin Profile gone crazy???  Is this a BUG!!! I see lots of people encountering this glitch?

Delete the Windows Administrator profile on the server, logon as administrator again and see if that works.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:16 PM
  •  

Same issue has come back ...and happening with my new profile too..... Grr!!!!!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:54 PM