none
IE will not display captcha RRS feed

• Question

• We have a large public computer space with about 550 PC's, on those is Windows 7 sp1 with IE 10.

What we are seeing is websites where their is a human verification or captcha that is not displaying.  When I log in as the admin on the box it shows up, no issue.  When in as the user they don't show up.  So far the only one not working is the google.com/recaptcha, there was one on a subway.com site that works fine. 

I added *://*.google.com to trusted sites 2 and the websites that the captcha is embedded in.  No clue why these google.com/recaptcha's won't show up, help would be much appreciated.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 9:15 PM

Answers

• I found the answer late yesterday, it was a group policy setting "Turn off Data URI support", I enabled this setting and it started working.  No info out there in the google'shpere about this.  If this is disabled captcha's won't work.  Thanks for the tips, much appreciated.
    • Marked as answer by Chad S Hohman Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:29 PM
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 2:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For google.com/recaptcha, does it work in other browsers? I think we should first find out whether this is a IE issue or Webpage issue.

It's recommended to refer to documentation in google offical website

http://code.google.com/p/recaptcha/wiki/HowToSetUpRecaptcha

And contact the google support.

NOTE This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 7, 2014 7:57 AM
  • I found the answer late yesterday, it was a group policy setting "Turn off Data URI support", I enabled this setting and it started working.  No info out there in the google'shpere about this.  If this is disabled captcha's won't work.  Thanks for the tips, much appreciated.
    • Marked as answer by Chad S Hohman Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:29 PM
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 2:43 PM
  • Use google chrome or Firefox it may be the flash player for internet explorer that does not work Source: IT Pro For 10 years and dealing with removing trojans/malware/rouges/Viruses
    Friday, August 8, 2014 5:17 AM
  • It does work in other browsers i.e Google Chrome/fire fox you name it..... even my internet browser....It may be a flash player thing that's not working with it
    Friday, August 8, 2014 5:19 AM
  • IMHO it's IE.  On any of several different websites "I'm not a robot/recaptcha" icon that I've tried results in a IE error; IE closes and reopens the tab, loosing all the data entered by the end user! (The message given is "A problem with the webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab.")

Chrome, Safari, Foxfire, and other browsers 'captcha' fine

Possibly fixable by individual website code (over and over), the issue begins with IE and could (may? might?) be fixed there as well.   

• Edited by DawnDan Monday, October 5, 2015 6:43 PM
    Monday, October 5, 2015 6:38 PM