SCSM Exchange Connector Never Run RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Another step in the SCSM 2010 saga here.

I've recently imported the Exchange connector management pack into our SCSM environment.

I've setup the connector and enabled it to run every 5 minutes. For some reason it never runs and I can't figure out why.

I've gone through all the permissions for the workflow account and they are correct based on what I have read, the mailbox is enabled and assigned to the workflow account.

I've read a few forums saying check the workflow status for the exchange connector but I can't see the exchange connector under Administration > Workflows > Status

Is there something I am missing?

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 3:59 AM

Answers

• You need Exchange 2007 SP3 or higher for Exchange Connector working properly.
    Markus Klein - VAS Value Added Services GmbH
    • Marked as answer by Bren B Monday, September 12, 2011 12:56 AM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 8:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I take it you have configured your E-mail channel in Administration -> Notifications -> Channels? If so can you telnet to the exchange server on port 25 from your SM server?

Also the Exchange connector outputs information\errors to the Operations Manager event log. I had an issue the other day which was down to 'Autodiscover' in Exchange not being enabled and picked this up from the event log entries.

Thanks

Mark

Mark | http://syscen.blogspot.com/
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:07 AM
  • Hi

Connection to all our exchange servers fails from my SCSM server.

I'm not seeing any alerts in Operations Manager event log though and the status on the Exchange connector in SCSM is staying at "Never Run" its not changing to failed or anything else even though it should've run a number of times now.

Regards

Brenton

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:32 AM
  • This means you need to enable SCSM as an Exchange Receive Connector and configure it properly.
    Sunday, April 3, 2011 8:49 PM
  • Thanks for that. I'll talk to our Exchange admin and see if I can get this setup. Hopefully it will fix the problem.

Will let you all know how I go. :)

Thanks

Sunday, April 3, 2011 11:34 PM
  • Ok so our exchange admin has created an Exchange Receive Connector on our Hub Transport (We don't have an edge transport) and I've recreated the Exchange connector in SCSM but it still doesn't want to run. It just sits with the status "Never Run"

I can now telnet to one of our exchange servers on port 25 but not the other 2, I don't think this will be a problem as I've updated our E-mail channel to connect to the server I can telnet to.

Monday, April 4, 2011 2:51 AM
  • Could you please check the other requirements:

- Exchange Service Pack
    - Email Address for Connector has to be configured for the Workflow User Account

Monday, April 4, 2011 8:03 AM
  • Hi

Our exchange servers are version 08.02.0254.000 running Service Pack 2

Yes I have made suer that the email address for the connector is the same as that configured for the workflow account. Does it matter that our workflow account has multiple email addresses assigned to it and we have just made the one we want to use the default address?

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 12:09 AM
  • You need Exchange 2007 SP3 or higher for Exchange Connector working properly.
    • Marked as answer by Bren B Monday, September 12, 2011 12:56 AM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 8:16 AM
  • Thanksfor that I'll get our exchange admins to upgrade exchange to SP3 and see how that goes.

Thanks for all your help so far :)

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 8:48 AM
  • Having the exact same issue - the connector is defined, but just sits there and does nothing. Status remains "Never run" and there are absolutely no entries in the log :-(

I have configured the email channel

The server is allowed to relay using the specified SMTP host (verified using telnet)

Exchange 2007 SP3 confirmed

The workflow account has a lot of permissions and a mailbox...

I have followed the installation instructions, main "difference" is the Exchange web service DLL which is a slightly never version than required

Running out of things to try, don't know why I can not even kickstart this connector to at least get some logging info to use for error tracking... :-/

Thursday, April 7, 2011 9:30 AM
  • Having the exact same issue - the connector is defined, but just sits there and does nothing. Status remains "Never run" and there are absolutely no entries in the log :-(

I have configured the email channel

The server is allowed to relay using the specified SMTP host (verified using telnet)

Exchange 2007 SP3 confirmed

The workflow account has a lot of permissions and a mailbox...

I have followed the installation instructions, main "difference" is the Exchange web service DLL which is a slightly never version than required

Running out of things to try, don't know why I can not even kickstart this connector to at least get some logging info to use for error tracking... :-/

My bad - the customer had configured the workflow account incorrectly according to their standards (wrong user name); they had then renamed the user in AD but not changed anything in SCSM...

No wonder it did not start - could have logged a little more info, though.

Thursday, April 7, 2011 10:18 AM
  • I've double checked everything and the only thing that we don't have is Exchange SP3 so hoping that will fix the problem, is taking ages for our exchange admin to get around to installing it though LOL :)
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 11:42 PM
  • i have same issue but i have exchange 2010 sp1
    Ahmed Ali
    Monday, October 3, 2011 9:46 AM