Document Size RRS feed

• Question

• I have a document that I have created. It is two pages containing a number of text boxes with normal Tahoma 10pt text. There are some images on the left of the document down the margin which are 1.5 x 2.5 cm. The image files are approx. 200K each (10 of). There is a user form with some VB code sitting behind it.

Why would the document be 13MB in size? Is there anyway I can see a breakdown of what makes up that figure?

Thanks

Toni

Toni Chaffin aka Talisa

Friday, January 18, 2013 12:24 PM

Answers

• Don't worry, I have resolved the issue and got the total files size down to 200K. I resized the pictures prior to insertion and I also remembered that the format for the document came from a Cut & Paste from Publisher, so I guess there must have been a huge amount of wasted white space that came over.

Anyway, resolved now

Thanks anyway

Toni

Toni Chaffin aka Talisa

• Marked as answer by TSRC Friday, January 18, 2013 2:20 PM
    Friday, January 18, 2013 2:19 PM

All replies

• Don't worry, I have resolved the issue and got the total files size down to 200K. I resized the pictures prior to insertion and I also remembered that the format for the document came from a Cut & Paste from Publisher, so I guess there must have been a huge amount of wasted white space that came over.

Anyway, resolved now

Thanks anyway

Toni

Toni Chaffin aka Talisa

• Marked as answer by TSRC Friday, January 18, 2013 2:20 PM
    Friday, January 18, 2013 2:19 PM
  • I'm glad you were able to resolve this—and thank you for the follow-up!

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Friday, January 18, 2013 3:15 PM