none
IE10 deploy base favorites list RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,  i've been trying to administratively set a basic list of url's for IE10, which used to be done under the IE maintenance in group policy.  per the literature I've found it seems i'm supposed to now be using IEAK10 to set this up and maintain..  ok.. fine..   now how do I get it to work??

i've downloaded ieak10,  ive installed it on a win8 laptop (running a preinstalled version of ie10)  i've tried creating a custom package for full install and just a settings install...

when I try to install the package I made, which only has a few favorites items added,  I cannot get them to apply.  It doesn't seem to matter which install I use.

can someone please show me where I'm missing something?

Monday, February 11, 2013 2:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check out the following links:
    Getting Started with IEAK 10
    IEAK 10 Documentation

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:36 AM
  • yeah..  i've been looking at those..   not very helpful for this issue so far.

I thought perhaps it was a code signing issue.. so I downloaded visualstudio express and ran the code signing function..  which gave a success message.  Even with that, I cannot run the package I made from the ieak and get things to populate.

Am I the only one having this problem??

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:26 PM
  • Hmmm good old Microsoft remove a much used feature.... Did you get this fixed?
    Friday, October 11, 2013 9:13 AM
  • Fixed??   no.. not really.   best I have gotten so far is to use the IEAK for IE10.. copy some settings off a base machine.. then I copy the files it creates, put them on a shared location and I run a script to apply the settings to other machines..  sometimes it works.. usually not very well.

supposedly the IEAK can be setup so that things will pull/push automatically.. but apparently i'm not smart enough to make it work.. and eventually I had to move on to the rest of my job.

I did attempt to use some of the group policy preferences.. those basically broke things.. and could not apply the settings I'm trying to set anyhow..

HEY MS.. put back the stuff that actually worked!!

Friday, October 11, 2013 2:42 PM
  • we're using GPP for IE10 on Win8 just fine.
    I'm not using IEAK at all for Win8, but I'm about to start tinkering with IEAK10, for IE10 installations to Win7 pc's.

We use GPP to set default home page and a few security and site-to-zone settings. it works fine for us.

lots of discussion on this in the Group Policy forum, if you want to dig up some tips.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, October 12, 2013 11:39 AM
  • I've basically given up on IE10..

Since my last comment here, I have found that GPP does have a "shortcuts" option that will allow me to do much the same thing that I did in IE9.

I did manage to get some of the security settings to take, and the site to zone mappings are going forward as well.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 6:46 PM