none
Changing Sort in Outlook 2013: collapse groups by default?

Question

• When I change my sort in Outlook 2013 to be by "Sender" or "Subject" instead of my usual "Received" Outlook for some reason assumes I want ALL groups expanded. I can't imagine why anyone would desire this to be default behavior? The whole point of changing the sort is to navigate "down" to find a specific group of messages. Why would you want that navigation to take longer / take more clicks?

Is there a way to set "Collapse All Groups" as a default?

Thursday, March 9, 2017 9:17 PM

Answers

• Hi David,

Unfortunately, this is the default behavior and we have no option to set "Collapse All Groups" as a default.

But after changing the sort, we can easily collapse all groups at a time by right-clicking any one of the groups, then click the "Collapse All Groups" option from the menu:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, March 11, 2017 1:42 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

Unfortunately, this is the default behavior and we have no option to set "Collapse All Groups" as a default.

But after changing the sort, we can easily collapse all groups at a time by right-clicking any one of the groups, then click the "Collapse All Groups" option from the menu:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, March 11, 2017 1:42 PM
  • Helps to know I'm not missing something. Design flaw IMO.

Thank you for replying!

Monday, March 13, 2017 1:56 PM
  • Helps to know I'm not missing something. Design flaw IMO.

Thank you for replying!

You're welcome David! I will try to submit this as a feedback through our internal channel.

By the way, do you mind to mark the reply above as answer, so it will be easy for other members to find the useful one?

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 2:30 AM