Hibernate power option RRS feed

• Question

• On selecting hibernate the screen switches off I can hear a Windows generic error beep, but laptop freezes (main switch ON/OFF remains on, wi-fi switch remains on, HDD on). I need to keep ON/OFF switch pressed and release after 3 seconds to let system restart and clicking on Windows restarting normally.

No signs of a previous hibernation being successful found.

I use a HP Compaq 6735s notebook, Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit, SP2 update installed, wi-fi and bluetooth ON, 3 gigabytes RAM, AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core processor.

Anybody can help?

Friday, August 26, 2011 1:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry for the late response.

Probably a faulty display card driver caused this issue.

Please uninstall\reinstall the lastest compatible display card driver from the computer manufacture's downloading center.

For your information, please navigate to Driver - Graphics  and download the driver from http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3687622&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3687621&swLang=33&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1093

Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 9:58 AM