Outlook 2010 - copy and replace contact to another pst RRS feed

• Question

• I backup my contacts to another PST. When I copy the modified contact to the backup PST I get an option to update.

When I check the backup, it has dates in the notes section and every single previous changes that were done.

I want an exact copy of the original in the backup. Is there a way to replace the contact in the backup?

Thanks in advance.

Friday, August 23, 2019 8:29 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I tested in my environment, did you get the windows shown below?

If so, according to my research, I'm afraid there is not a option to replace the contact. As a workaround, it is suggested to select "Add new contact" and then delete the original one.

If you still would like to see a feature of replacing the contact in the backup PST, it is encouraged to share your feedback via the Outlook UserVoice forum.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by falcios Monday, August 26, 2019 5:53 AM
    Monday, August 26, 2019 2:04 AM
  • Hi,

I tested in my environment, did you get the window shown below? 

If so, according to my research, I'm afraid that there is not a option to directly replace the contact in the backup. As a workaround, it is suggested to select "Add new contact" and then delete the original one.

In addition, if you still would like to see a feature of replacing the contact in the backup PST, it is encouraged to share your feedback via the Outlook UserVoice forum.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 26, 2019 2:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I tested in my environment, did you get the windows shown below?

If so, according to my research, I'm afraid there is not a option to replace the contact. As a workaround, it is suggested to select "Add new contact" and then delete the original one.

If you still would like to see a feature of replacing the contact in the backup PST, it is encouraged to share your feedback via the Outlook UserVoice forum.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

• Marked as answer by falcios Monday, August 26, 2019 5:53 AM
    Monday, August 26, 2019 2:04 AM
  • Hi,

I tested in my environment, did you get the window shown below? 

If so, according to my research, I'm afraid that there is not a option to directly replace the contact in the backup. As a workaround, it is suggested to select "Add new contact" and then delete the original one.

In addition, if you still would like to see a feature of replacing the contact in the backup PST, it is encouraged to share your feedback via the Outlook UserVoice forum.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, August 26, 2019 2:08 AM
  • Thanks Aidan, very much appreciated.

Monday, August 26, 2019 5:56 AM