none
SkipPackageDisplay - MDT2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I need to select a package ( Language Pack ) on my LiteTouch Wizard but the screen to select package don't appear.

I imported the LP package do workbench and configure my customsetting.ini to SkipPackageDisplay=NO.

Anyone knows why the screen to select the package not appear?

Regards,

Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Dani,

I had this problem before, If I remember is due to the original OS language that doesn't allow you to add Languages Pack. For instance, in my case, the OS en-US didn't allow me to add LP but en-GB (or English international) does.

Do you think that could help you?

• Marked as answer by Dani_lx Friday, November 8, 2013 5:01 PM
    Friday, November 8, 2013 2:24 PM

All replies

• Double check the versions of the language packs. MDT should filter out language packs that don't match.

OS Build Number, Processor Architecture, etc...

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Friday, November 8, 2013 7:16 AM
  • Hi Keith,

Thank you for reply.

Ok, make sense. How can I check this? Its strange because I install the LP manually with LPKSETUP and the LP was installed successfully.

Do you know how I can download the original LP En-Us to win 8.1 (ip.cab)?.

Regards,

Friday, November 8, 2013 11:13 AM
  • Keith,

Nevermin. The Official LP of win8.1 is available on MVLSC. I will download the correct LP and do some tests on MDT.

I will posts the results here.

Thank You,

Friday, November 8, 2013 11:51 AM
  • I downloaded the LP pack win8.1 En-us and pt-pt x86 and x64 on the MVLS site and import all to the workbench.

but the same situation happened. The screen to select Language pack still not appear.

Anyone have more suggestion?

next my customsetting.ini:

Thank you,

• Edited by Dani_lx Friday, November 8, 2013 1:56 PM insert pic
    Friday, November 8, 2013 1:50 PM
  • Hi Dani,

I had this problem before, If I remember is due to the original OS language that doesn't allow you to add Languages Pack. For instance, in my case, the OS en-US didn't allow me to add LP but en-GB (or English international) does.

Do you think that could help you?

• Marked as answer by Dani_lx Friday, November 8, 2013 5:01 PM
    Friday, November 8, 2013 2:24 PM
  • Acetik,

WOW! I changed/imported the SO to WIN 8.1 Eng and the screen to select Language Pack appears now!!

Before I had the win 8.1 PT! Do you know why this happen?

Thank you very much

Friday, November 8, 2013 4:54 PM
  • I'm not sure but I guess is due to translation process. Microsoft edits an english core, then all other languages is translated based on that core.
    I can be wrong, but I don't have an other and better "Microsoft" explaination.
    Monday, November 11, 2013 10:05 AM
  • Thanks for the explanation Acetik!

Regards!

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:52 PM
  • I am having the same exact problem........ how are you suggesting i correct the problem with the OS en-US? i need to create a new wim with a different version of english language installed?

any ideas are most welcome...i'm going crazy with this.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 6:41 PM