what is Enforce Security Descriptors in APPV 4.6 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,
    can any one please help me to understand what is Enforce Security Descriptors in APPV ?

If I checked it what will happen?
    If I unchecked what will happen?

Thanks In Advance
    Sujit

Friday, May 10, 2013 3:25 PM

Answers

• Enforce Security Descriptors will uphold file and folder permissions in your virtual application. So if your application sets permissions, these permissions are also set in the virtual environment which allows you to control applications more granularly.

Unchecking this will allow the application to run without restricting access to folders or files within the virtual application. This eliminates any issues you may have by an application which tries to write run time files to an otherwise restricted folder or file.

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Friday, May 10, 2013 3:34 PM

All replies

• Enforce Security Descriptors will uphold file and folder permissions in your virtual application. So if your application sets permissions, these permissions are also set in the virtual environment which allows you to control applications more granularly.

Unchecking this will allow the application to run without restricting access to folders or files within the virtual application. This eliminates any issues you may have by an application which tries to write run time files to an otherwise restricted folder or file.

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Friday, May 10, 2013 3:34 PM
  • There's also this excellent article: http://www.softgridblog.com/?p=105

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Friday, May 10, 2013 6:35 PM
  • Thanks Rorymon.. 
    Saturday, May 11, 2013 6:10 AM
  • Thanks Aaron
    Saturday, May 11, 2013 6:10 AM