Proclarity Install Error RRS feed

• Question

• Proclarity appears to install correctly, but then I get the following errors when I attempt to start it up:

Then when try to run:
    The page control could not be initialized: PPageCtl failed to initialized properly

An error occurred in the application:  Access violatioin at address 00000004.  Read of address 00000004

The application could not be initialized and will be shut down: Access violation at address 6190F499 in module 'PProClarityCtl5.ocx'. Write of address 00000014

Proclarity could not be started because it was installed for a different user or a component is missing.  Please log on to windows as the user who installed ProClarity or reinstall the product for all users.

Exception EOleException in module PProClarityCtl5.ocx at 00072559.
    Catastrophic failure.

I've tried to uninstall.  I've tried to use the Windows Install Cleaner to clean it up and reinstall.  It just hangs.

Ideas?

Monday, May 9, 2011 4:09 PM

All replies

• what operating system are you using? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Do you have MDAC/PTS installed? What type of cube are you trying to connect to, SQL 2000/2005/2008/2008 R2?

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 3:00 AM
  • Are you installing on a Win2k8+ server?  If so there are some additional configuration steps:

http://office.microsoft.com/download/afile.aspx?AssetID=AM103875331033

Hth,

Sean

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:15 AM
  • Hi,

The above answers are perfect, they may be the cause but basically make sure that you are login through ADMIN credentials on the server you are installing Proclarity.

Cheers

Ashish

Microsoft GPG

Thursday, May 26, 2011 9:08 AM