Page can't be auto refresh in IE 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a enviorment dependency which force me to use IE 8 for some spesific application. But since last tow days we face an unwanted issue that the IE webpage is not getting updated or refreshed once the content of the page value is changed. We need to refresh it manually.

Could anyone help me to resolve this issue.

Regards, Koustov Choudhury

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 8:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean meta refresh? It's a feature in HTML refreshes a Web page automatically from within the code.Please open Internet Options\Security\Internet Zone (or other zones)\Custom Level, scroll down to Miscellaneous, click the "Enable" radio button under "Allow META REFRESH."

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 2:24 AM
  • Hi Zhu,

Thanks for your revert.

Meta Refresh is already allowed in the settings. Is their any other way to resolve this issue. Please help.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 3:44 AM
  • see http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/a407a2ac-1d11-44b4-b0b7-44ba851f20b3 - F5 isn't working to refresh web pages.

Rob^_^

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:32 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Koustov Choudhury Tuesday, January 13, 2015 3:40 AM
    Thursday, January 1, 2015 10:44 PM
  • This is not the solution in my scenario. Is their is any other way to know the exact issue. As per my findings this is a effect of domain policy because for non domain users who are having the same IE don't even have this issue. But all the domain users are facing the same issue while opening some specific site ...

I also go through the domain IE policy and no unwanted configuration found in the domain gpo. Is their any other way to find the solution or the root cause of this issue.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 3:44 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, only domain uses encounter this issue, thought you mentione that you have checked the GPO, I still recommend you run rsop check what kinds of GPO applied to the users, other GPOs might have effects on this issue. As a test, we can temporarily remove the GPOs to confirm the issue.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 6:28 AM
  • Hi Zhu,

as per advice after disabling the GPO from GPMC no such changes found in client system. Still the problem is not resolved. any other suggestion.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:12 AM