Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error RRS feed

• Question

• For the past few months I have been getting a random pop-up messege that says this:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error

Runtime Error!

Program C:\Program Files\ Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

When I'm on the internet. There isn't really a pattern when this messege shows up, but it never fails to show up and make me restart the internet. I've looked at other sites and they have said to uninstall the Google Toolbar, which I have done with no change in the appearance of the messege, and to do the same with something called "Macafee". I have no idea what that is either. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, July 9, 2009 9:19 PM

Answers

• Based on the error message, this issue can be related to Internet Explorer and add-ons. I suggest you first try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Run IE with No Add-ons

Click Start, copy and paste Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) into Start Search box and press Enter. Change the cookie settings and have a test.

2. Reset IE7

1) Click Start button-> Control Panel.

2) Change to Classic View on the left pane and double-click the Internet Options icon.

3) On the Security tab, click Default level button for each icon in the Select a zone to view or change security settings.

4) Click to Programs tab, and then click the Make default button if it is not grayed out.

5) Click to Advanced tab, click Restore advanced settings button in the Settings area.

6) Click the Reset button in the Reset Internet Explorer settings area and Click OK.

7) Click Apply, and then click OK.

Hope this helps!

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, July 13, 2009 8:12 AM

All replies

• Based on the error message, this issue can be related to Internet Explorer and add-ons. I suggest you first try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Run IE with No Add-ons

Click Start, copy and paste Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) into Start Search box and press Enter. Change the cookie settings and have a test.

2. Reset IE7

1) Click Start button-> Control Panel.

2) Change to Classic View on the left pane and double-click the Internet Options icon.

3) On the Security tab, click Default level button for each icon in the Select a zone to view or change security settings.

4) Click to Programs tab, and then click the Make default button if it is not grayed out.

5) Click to Advanced tab, click Restore advanced settings button in the Settings area.

6) Click the Reset button in the Reset Internet Explorer settings area and Click OK.

7) Click Apply, and then click OK.

Hope this helps!

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, July 13, 2009 8:12 AM
  • How do I go by fixing this problem with Microsoft Visual c++ runtime error on internet explorer

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:43 AM
  • Please read: Suggestions for asking a question on help forums.  Then create a new post and supply some detailed information.  Thank you!

Carey Frisch

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:47 AM