none
Team Assignment Pools in Project Server 2016 & Capacity Planning RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I started to "work" with Project Server 2016 in my test environment and noticed something odd about Team Assignment Pools. I can't see them in the Capacity Planning view at all. As soon as I remove the check at "Team Assignment Pool" for that resource it's shown in the Capacity Planning view. I've set up the team resource as work and generic, the lookup for teams is in place and I also added some members to the team.

This behaviour only happen with Project Server 2016. Whe I do the same with Project Server 2013, it works like a charm.

Any idea what I may have missed? Or is this a bug?

Thanks and best regads,

Sven

• Edited by SvenMar Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:40 AM
    Tuesday, February 7, 2017 5:18 PM

Answers

• Ok, I opened a ticket with Microsoft support. They basically told me that is by design and a non-issue. Aha. Well, I'd call it a bug. But hey, I'm just a customer, right ;-)

The good news is that they also told me that the back-end team is working on it since many customers opened tickets about this and that they will come back to me as soon as a solution is available. 

Well, lets see what comes out of this.

• Marked as answer by SvenMar Friday, February 10, 2017 8:59 AM
    Friday, February 10, 2017 8:59 AM

All replies

• Looks like a similar issue in Project Online:

How do I include Generic Team Assignment Poll Resources.....

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 8:13 AM
  • Ok, I opened a ticket with Microsoft support. They basically told me that is by design and a non-issue. Aha. Well, I'd call it a bug. But hey, I'm just a customer, right ;-)

The good news is that they also told me that the back-end team is working on it since many customers opened tickets about this and that they will come back to me as soon as a solution is available. 

Well, lets see what comes out of this.

• Marked as answer by SvenMar Friday, February 10, 2017 8:59 AM
    Friday, February 10, 2017 8:59 AM
  • We are having this same issue. Did they find a fix?

Monday, February 27, 2017 5:09 PM
  • Hi all,

Currently we also facing this issue in Project Server 2016 with April 2017 CU, but it seem did not resolved this issue. May I know whether this issue had been resolved in latest CU for Project Server 2017?

Thursday, October 19, 2017 9:42 AM