Transport Suite or Transport Suite for internet against Exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I wonder if anyone has tried to use the transporter suite for Exchange 2007 against 2010? I know it won’t be supported but does it work? :) We are looking on using it for migrating from oracle collaboration suite to Exchange 2010. I'm hoping to not have to jump to a 2k7 mailboxstore first as that will be quite painful as we have 6000 users and hoping to do a big bang. If we are to move them in 2 steps it will take too long. Perhaps it's just sufficient to install a 2k7 CAS server and migrate directly to a 2010 mailbox.

Monday, October 12, 2009 1:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• I haven't tried it personally but I guess it won't be difficult to test this in the lab with a couple of virtual machines.
    Neil Hobson, Exchange MVP
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 8:02 AM
  • Hi,

For this issue, please post it on the Exchange 2010 forum as below link:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/

Thanks

Allen
    • Marked as answer by Allen Song Friday, October 23, 2009 7:55 AM
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 8:31 AM
  • Hello,
    Transporter Suite will be discontinued and Quest Migrator will be the only way to migrate to Exchange 2010
    And Other Third parties if available

Dhafer
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 7:26 AM
  • Hello,
    Transporter Suite will be discontinued and Quest Migrator will be the only way to migrate to Exchange 2010

Dhafer

Yeah we know that but the original question was whether it still works against Exchange 2010, even if unsupported, etc.
    Neil Hobson, Exchange MVP
    Friday, October 16, 2009 7:16 AM
  • There are other options.  At present the Transport Suite will only work from a coexistence with an Exchange 2007 server.  This 2007 server then communicates with the 2010 servers.    BinaryTree is about to launch a resolution for Exchange 2010 coexistence and for migration to Exchange 2010. 
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 2:34 PM
  • Hello,

Dhafer

This is an untrue statement, there are other products.  In fact the Quest product is months away from being ready.
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 2:37 PM
  • We dropped the issue anyway. We now use imap sync for mail and email shuttle for calendar and personal contacts... http://www.compusven.com/

Sunday, December 27, 2009 5:41 PM
  • Carl,

Your correct in stating that the Transport Suite will be discontinued.  See this techtarget article for reference. I would encourage you to look at this press release here which can give you some viable options for Exchange 2010. The CMT for Coexistence product which will include Directory Synchronization and free/busy functionality which was previously only available in the Transporter Suite will be announced as available in the next few weeks.  If you would like more information on the products and upcoming releases let me know.

John Wethington
    http://www.binarytree.com
    john.wethington@binarytree.com

Monday, January 4, 2010 9:44 PM