Lync 2010 - RGS issues in cross forest migration RRS feed

• Question

• We have a resource forest A where users are sip users. Lync Servers are on forest B. Trusted forest exists. All work fine.

Now, when I migrate a user from forest A to forest B, I delete msrtcsip-originatorsid attribute on user forest B and all work fine, e except when he goes to query members response group members....he can't find information...

I've take a look to SQL Tables, and I see that Lync keep the old msrtcsip-originatorsid value as Usersid on agent table. I think that is the problema

Any idea to resolve this issue ??

Sunday, October 12, 2014 7:48 PM

Answers

• We resolved the problem modifying directly the SQL table agent. This is the only solution.

• Marked as answer by Rivers75 Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:13 PM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From your description, the issue caused by the attribute of msrtcsip-originatorsid.

Please make sure CMS replication update to the latest status.

Please also try to more another Lync user from forest A to forest B, doesn’t delete msrtcsip-originatorsid attribute, and then check if the issue persists.

Best Regards,

Eason Huang

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, October 13, 2014 8:24 AM
  • Hi...

If you don't delete msrtcsip-originatorsid  attribute, you can't sign-in on Lync, because Lync is waiting a user from forest A, not B. That is not a solution.

Thanks

Monday, October 13, 2014 8:56 AM
  • Can we Run Update-CsUserDatabase once we migrate the user

This Forces the back-end user database to clear its replication status with Active Directory. This causes the database to re-read all the user-related information stored in Active Directory Domain Services.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398682.aspx

Also please verify CMS replication is working in Lync

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer" Regards Edwin Anthony Joseph

Monday, October 13, 2014 9:06 AM
  • I ran that command several times.....it doesn't solve my problem

Usersid on agent table contains msrtcsip-originatorsid.....

Monday, October 13, 2014 9:45 AM
  • Agree with Eason, Also you can check below link for migration

http://www.cdhtalkstech.com/2013/07/24/cross-forest-lync-upgrade-migration/

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Monday, October 13, 2014 9:58 AM
  • Problem is not solved....
    Monday, October 13, 2014 10:23 AM
  • did we try

Can we Run Update-CsUserDatabase once we migrate the user

This Forces the back-end user database to clear its replication status with Active Directory. This causes the database to re-read all the user-related information stored in Active Directory Domain Services.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398682.aspx

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer" Regards Edwin Anthony Joseph

Monday, October 13, 2014 11:46 AM
  • That command doesn't refresh UserSid attribute on Agent table.

Problem continues....

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 4:41 AM
  • after we run the Update-CsUserDatabase  do we see any events in the Lync eventvwr?

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 6:49 AM
  • We resolved the problem modifying directly the SQL table agent. This is the only solution.

• Marked as answer by Rivers75 Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:13 PM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:13 PM