some problam with audio device RRS feed

• Question

• hello
                  My laptop have now the audio device: Conexant - Audio - Conexant High Definition Smartaudio HD2, but doesn´t work. I cannot hear anything while the device it looks work properly.but no sound pc show( sam conexant audio device not work properly)
    i have lenevo 3000 G430

Could you help me?
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 12:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

For further troubleshooting, let's check the following status in advance.

1.    Check the sound icon at the bottom of the screen, and make sure that the sound volume isn't put to 0 and it is enabled without a red circle.

2.    Make sure that you didn't press the soundless hotkey on your keyboard, you can try to hit volume up key ( some computer may need to press Fn + volume up keys at the same time ) and see if the sound puts out.

If both of above statuses are normal, please continue the step.

3.    Check in Device Manager to see if the audio device is detected normally.

1)     Press Win + R to open a run window.

2)     Type: devmgmt.msc in the box.

3)     Expand the sound, video and game controllers and verify if Conexant audio device is detected.

If the audio device is detected in Device Manager, I recommend that you rollback the audio driver.

Roll back driver

===============

1)     Click the Start Button, type Device Manager in the Search bar and press "Enter". Click Continue if necessary.

2)     Double click to expand the "Device Category name".

3)     Right click the "Device Name" and click "Properties".

4)     Click the "Driver" tab and click "Roll Back Driver".

If the issue persists, try to manually uninstall the driver and reinstall the latest Windows Vista compatible driver.

Uninstall the driver

===================

1)     Press WIN + R, and type: devmgmt.msc.

2)     Click the item 'Sound, video and game controllers', and right click the Audio Device.

3)     Click Properties, and click driver.

4)     Click Uninstall, and make sure to check Delete driver option

5)     Restart the computer.

Based on my research, you can download the latest Windows Vista compatible driver from the following website.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_113.html

Note:  Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

4.    Check in BIOS and make sure that sound is enabled.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Friday, July 10, 2009 6:16 AM