Conexant HDA (high definition audio) RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi people here,

take a look at this issue in my site www.motor2t.net.

I think it´s time to us fight against this defective piece of hardware, the Conexant HDA.

Luciano

Friday, April 11, 2008 12:22 PM

All replies

• Hello Luciano,

Thanks for sharing the information, but I cannot quite get the question you want to ask. (Hard to connect the website you gave.)

Can you let me know more details of your question here? Or you just plan to share a solution for other community members who encounter similar issues?

Thank you.

Cheers,

Lionel

Monday, April 14, 2008 6:58 AM
  • Hello,

Following, the contents of the website,www.motor2t.net, concerning this issue.
    Unhapilly I have to blame INTEL for selling a defectice audio in its 945 chipset.

Recently I receive an email of someone that bought an HP Notebook US$1800 in Brasil, with NO AUDIO.

I feel myself obliged to spread this warning to consumers.

Luciano Natali Gama.
    lngama@hotmail.com
    www.motor2t.net

*************************************************************************************************
    CONEXANT HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Are you in trouble with this hardware? Here´s the solution I´ve found, using an HP Notebook line 6000.

Follow these steps, at your own risk. Be shure you are enough skilled to do it.

Go to HP´s web site and download/install these drivers, in this case to Windows XP.

Firstly:Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio (sp32646)

Secondly:ConexantHigh Definition Audio Driver

Restart your computer and your audio probably will be now OK for basic purposes.If not you´d better make a backup of your system and format/recover the system back, according to the manufacturer´s instructions. Then, repeat the first and second steps.

However,if you have a professional Midi/Audio software the sound will probably be bad.If it happens, go to the site www.asio4all.com download the ASIO drive and install it. In your Midi/audio software set the audio driver to ASIO. That´s it, in my case the result was a magnificent sound.

Good luck. The Trademarks and Sites here are properties of the owners.

Today, March 7, 2008.
    The instructions on this page are just a "half solution" to the problem, since the new chipsets with HDA (High Definition Audio) work very well. It can be concluded that the Intel 945 Chipset and variants that use the Conexant High Definition Audio has some kind of defect. There are not until now a real solution nor from Intel neither from Conexant. The problem exists in XP and it seems that extends to Vista. This configure as a need of a Worlwide RECALL of computers with such a device. This text was translated to English with the aid of Google Translator.

Monday, April 14, 2008 12:29 PM
  • Hello Luciano,

Thank you very much for the information shared. As this is not a post for answer, we will change this issue type from “Question” to “Comment”, which will help other community members to find your post easier.

If I misunderstood your concern, feel free to change the type back to “Answer”. Thanks!

Cheers,

Lionel

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 3:36 AM