windows 7 January 2020 monthly roll up failed RRS feed

• Question

• KB4534310 windows 7 January 2020 monthly update keeps failing on my system. 

I have tried the following:

Ran the troubleshooter

Followed procedures to stop the Windows services and renamed the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and then apply the update.

Ran sfc /scannow - this found issues and fixed them.  

Manually download the update and install it.  

However, non of the above worked.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thursday, February 6, 2020 3:27 PM

All replies

• I ran the January roll up instead of the December which you specified, as that is the one which was giving me issues.  If that's an issue let me know. 

Below is the following error message I received:

Adding C:\temp\Windows6.1-KB4534310-x64-pkgProperties.txt to Extraction Queue
    Adding C:\temp\Windows6.1-KB4534310-x64.xml to Extraction Queue

Expanding Files ....
    Progress: 1 out of 4 files
    Expanding Files Complete ...
    4 files total.

c:\Temp>
    c:\Temp>DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\temp\Windows6.1-KB4534310-
    x64.cab

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Image Version: 6.1.7601.18489

Processing 1 of 1 - Adding package Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~
    ~7601.24544.1.9
    [===========================86.4%==================        ]
    An error occurred - Package_for_RollupFix Error: 0x80004005

Error: 0x80004005

DISM failed. No operation was performed.
    For more information, review the log file.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

The CBS log is here:  CBS.log

Thursday, February 6, 2020 6:44 PM
  • Hi, 

As Windows 7 is out of support since Jan.14 2020, we recommend to upgrade system to Windows 10 for a better using experience and strong system security. 

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 7, 2020 9:53 AM
  • We purchased the Windows 7 extended support for this system, as it's a computer that controls a lab system and upgrading to Windows 10 is not an option at this time. 

If anyone else has a solution I would greatly appreciate it. 

Friday, February 7, 2020 1:39 PM
  • Hi, 

Thank you for your feedback. 

I noticed update package KB4534310 has prerequisite before install it. Please check the link below and install all necessary SSU and SHA-2 update, then re-install the update package to check again.

January 14, 2020—KB4534310 (Monthly Rollup)

For download update package manually, please go to Windows Update Catalog website. 

If the issue persists, please check if any error codes recorded in the Event Viewer(Windows Logs\Applications, Setup, System).

We should disable firewall and antivirus software temporarily, then boot computer into Clean Boot environment to check again.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Wednesday, February 12, 2020 8:17 AM
    Monday, February 10, 2020 3:25 PM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? 
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.

Bests,

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 8:17 AM