FBReseal won't change full computername after FBA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I hava a problem:

After i finishd my master image i want to fbreseal it. 

I use the program FBreseal.exe for it with the parameters: -autologon -keepuser -keepmounted -keepnet -keepdomain.

Everything goes well. Fbreseal change the SID's but i wont change my full computername. But it should change my computername!

I have tried different PC name's, different FBreseal.exe's, different POSready 2009 Installs.

But nothing seems to help. My PC name stays the same. And that is no good in a network. I get the error from windows that on the network a PC is with the same name.

Have anybody some ideas or tips for me?

I really need this to work.

Thank you!

Monday, May 30, 2011 9:01 AM

Answers

• Yes i have tried it. And it didn't work. 

But i got the solution. The FBreseal and both setup files need to be stored in the System32 folder. 

Then in CMD run FBreseal iin the system32 folder. Then my computernames change.

Thanks any ways!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 11:41 AM

All replies

• Have you tried FBRESEAL without any parameters?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Monday, May 30, 2011 8:00 PM
  • Yes i have tried it. And it didn't work. 

But i got the solution. The FBreseal and both setup files need to be stored in the System32 folder. 

Then in CMD run FBreseal iin the system32 folder. Then my computernames change.

Thanks any ways!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 11:41 AM