none
How to Upgrade to Internet Explorer 11 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• I currently have internet explorer 9 64 bit and would like to upgrade to Explorer 11 64 bit.  How or where can I get the free download that is safe and secure?
    Sunday, February 14, 2016 7:29 AM

Answers

• Hi sensei,

I noticed the message, it seems that Internet Explorer 11 need a minimum system requirement.

Computer/processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)

Memory: Windows 7 with SP1 (32-bit or 64-bit)-512 MB

Hard drive space: Windows 7 with SP1 (32-bit)-70 MB

Windows 7 with SP1 (64-bit)-120 MB

Please check the link below:

System requirements and language support for Internet Explorer 11 (IE11):

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn321440.aspx

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 1:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

from Internet Explorer, select the Tools>Windows update menu option (unsure if that applies to IE9)

or

Start>Control Panel>Windows Updates.

(notes: its a good idea to keep backups of all of your personal files and data. see Start>Control Panel>Backup and Restore).

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Monday, February 15, 2016 1:48 AM
  • Hi sensei,

Based on your description, first of all, I want to confirm that which operation system have you used? I suppose that you are using Windows 7.

I suggest that we could download the Internet Explorer 11 form Microsoft Official website. It is safe and secure. Please refer to the link:

Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/Internet-Explorer-11-for-Windows-7-details.aspx

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 8:47 AM
  • Thanks for your response; however, when I go to the link you suggest and try to download windows 11 it says I don't meet the system requirements but does give me the option to download windows 9.  Would you suggest this?
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 12:37 PM
  • BTW - Yes, I have windows 7.
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 12:38 PM
  • I am a consumer and not one that technologically gifted; thus my question.  I currently have windows 7.  I went to the answers site you suggested and couldn't find my answer.  All I really want to do is update so my browser, which I'm being told is out of date when I go to certain sites.  Thanks.  Maybe I need to do something else?
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 12:41 PM
  • Hi sensei,

I noticed the message, it seems that Internet Explorer 11 need a minimum system requirement.

Computer/processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)

Memory: Windows 7 with SP1 (32-bit or 64-bit)-512 MB

Hard drive space: Windows 7 with SP1 (32-bit)-70 MB

Windows 7 with SP1 (64-bit)-120 MB

Please check the link below:

System requirements and language support for Internet Explorer 11 (IE11):

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn321440.aspx

Best Regards,

Tao

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 1:11 AM